My mom can't make it to the assumption!

  • Thread starter Thread starter JD27076
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JD27076

Guest
My mom is not a Catholic, I am the only Catholic in my family.

I live a good amount of driving distance away from my Catholic parish.
My mom cannot make it to Mass tonight because of other reasons.

If I cannot go, When I had the FULLEST intention to attend. (Thinking about going all school day)…will it be a mortal sin for me? I sure hope not.

I doubt it, since last time I couldn’t make it to Mass because I had the wrong time, my priest said it wasn’t.

I will go ahead and read the gospels for today while I wait for a response.

Thank you!
 
My mom is not a Catholic, I am the only Catholic in my family.

I live a good amount of driving distance away from my Catholic parish.
My mom cannot make it to Mass tonight because of other reasons.

If I cannot go, When I had the FULLEST intention to attend. (Thinking about going all school day)…will it be a mortal sin for me? I sure hope not.

I doubt it, since last time I couldn’t make it to Mass because I had the wrong time, my priest said it wasn’t.

I will go ahead and read the gospels for today while I wait for a response.

Thank you!
Not a mortal sin.

I wanted to go tonight but my wife went to work and I stayed at home to look after the babies.
 
No, it is not a sin if you miss Mass because your parents will not take you.
 
God bless you for wanting to keep this major holy day of obligation!
If you are a minor and are dependent on your parents for transportation and they either choose not to attend or cannot attend, I believe it is most understandable that you bear no fault.

Have you thought about public transportation, or asking for a lift from a friend ( all with your parents permission, of course)?
 
I am in a similar situation my friend. If I cannot get a ride I plan on watching one online. I know that it wouldn’t fulfill the obligation but it’s better than nothing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top