R
redbetta
Guest
My mom and I went shopping Sunday and she opened up to me more. It turns out I was wrong, she is this upset because of house coldly Dad treats her. No affection, no Happy Birthday, not apprecating her cooking or anything she does. Always at parties, he hugs and greets all his friends, including the women, and sometimes dances with them while my mom is usually sitting at a table by herself. He also loves to spend time drinking with his younger brother, but, he is rude to Mom and Dad says nothing about it. Even Dad’s friends say that everyone notices that he is not being the best husband and that my uncle can be a moron, even when sober. He called my mom stupid a year ago and Mom banished him from our house. So Dad goes to his house when there is nothing for dinner or he is bored. He does not like to spend time with her.
Mom says that Dad is a completely different person when they go on vacation alone and there are not distractions. He is sweet and loving. But, at home he is cold. So she asked him if they could move after I graduated high school. He proomised, but, refused. Now, Mom wants me to apply to medical schools in Tennessee, where she wants to retire because everything is cheaper and weather is not as extreme, so that she can use that as an excuse to move so that I can still live with them. Dad will never deny me anything and would do anything for me. I love the area and we have no family elsewhere in the U.S. and I don’t want to leave. But, I also love my parents. Mom does not want to divorce Dad because she is 1. too old and 2. she saw how it hurt my brother when she divorced his dad and wants an intact family for me. So, I made a deal that I would apply to medical school in the South and, I can always move back to my native region after medical school. Although, I would feel guilty about leaving my eldelry parents to live alone.
So, this is the situation as is. It isn’t so much depression as a case of an unloved wife.
Mom says that Dad is a completely different person when they go on vacation alone and there are not distractions. He is sweet and loving. But, at home he is cold. So she asked him if they could move after I graduated high school. He proomised, but, refused. Now, Mom wants me to apply to medical schools in Tennessee, where she wants to retire because everything is cheaper and weather is not as extreme, so that she can use that as an excuse to move so that I can still live with them. Dad will never deny me anything and would do anything for me. I love the area and we have no family elsewhere in the U.S. and I don’t want to leave. But, I also love my parents. Mom does not want to divorce Dad because she is 1. too old and 2. she saw how it hurt my brother when she divorced his dad and wants an intact family for me. So, I made a deal that I would apply to medical school in the South and, I can always move back to my native region after medical school. Although, I would feel guilty about leaving my eldelry parents to live alone.
So, this is the situation as is. It isn’t so much depression as a case of an unloved wife.