My nephew Mick

  • Thread starter Thread starter CinciMom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CinciMom

Guest
I just received word from my step mother that her grandson (who I call my nephew) has a brain tumor on his brain stem. They are performing surgery tomorrow morning at 10 (EDT). Mick is a young child (he will be 6 in December) and has been considered a miracle for my step brother and his wife.

Also please pray for my step siblings, as they are not Catholic (they admit that they are agnostic) that they understand what Our Lord’s may be.

I am attending Mass tomorrow morning and I plan to say the Rosary at 10.

I will keep you all posted.

PAX

Christine
 
:signofcross: Lord, please guide the surgeons hands to help this child and heal him. Please let the surgery go well and let this child make a full recovery. All of this for Your glory.Amen.:signofcross: Praying now…
 
Hear us, Lord, and send your angels from heaven to protect little Mick during and after this surgery. Guide his surgeons and doctors so that he may be healed. Come into the hearts of his parents and other family members so that they may see his healing is straight from you Lord. Guide them so that they may see fit to raise their children in a christian family. I pray this in the name of Jesus… AMEN
 
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
 
First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your prayers for Mick and our family at this time.

I wish I could bring you some good news, but I am sorry to say that this tumor is “the worst of the worst” (quoting my sister). The surgeons were only able to take out 1/2 of the tumor, which was wrapped around the brain stem. Apparently this is an extremely aggressive form of the tumor.

Mick did well for the surgery and is recovering. However the prognosis is not well. The doctors said that there is a 1 in 1 million chance he can beat this. So right now I ask that we pray for a miracle on my nephew. The plan of action is to start radiation treatment as soon as possible and pray that the tumor will shrink. Then chemo.

The entire family is so beside themselves right now with this horrible news.

Again, I do thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I ask for a miracle now.

Love you all!

In Christ,

Christine
 
Thank you very much!

Again, I also ask to pray for the conversion of my step brother and his wife as they go through this very difficult time.

I will continue to keep you all posted.

PAX

Christine
 
Here is another update. Mick is still in ICU and has not woken up yet. He is not in a coma and is responding, but he needs that little push to wake and say “Hi Mommy and Daddy”. The doctors say that the reason could be that there is swelling in the area where they operated and maybe once the swelling comes down he will wake up.

Thanks again for all the prayers. Please continue to pray for this sweet little boy.

PAX

Christine
 
He will be in my mass and rosary intentions today, Christine. Please keep us updated.
 
Hail Mary, full of grace; the lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Please say the following prayer right now to release 1,000 souls from purgatory (Approval and Recommendation signed by M. Cardinal Pahiarca, Lisbon, Portugal March 4, 1936.): Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy Souls in Purgatory. Amen

Click these icons to donate food to the hungry. It’s free.
thehungersite.com/clickToGive/images/button_clickToGive_ths.gif
hungerfighters.com/images/HF_Half2.gif
greatergood.com/images/linktous/468x60_ths-visitor-anim-fight.gif
 
Today, I went to see my nephew in the hospital. The nurses were able to place a feeding tube successfully and he is responding, but not fully concious. The doctors say that this could be due to swelling from the location of the area they operated on. He is such a sweet little boy 🙂

As we (my step mother and I) were leaving, I told my step brother that I am working on a prayer chain for Mick. He held back tears after I said this and told me to tell everyone “THANK YOU” and that we need more prayers for Mick. This is the first time in 24 years have I seen my step brother near the brink of tears. You can see that he that he is trying to hold it together, but is also on the edge.

As for him being agnostic, I stand corrected. He has been going to a church (I do not know which denomination) for the past few years and actually was teaching Sunday School this year for this church. But continue to pray for their conversion.

Thank you all again for praying and I will keep you posted!

PAX

Christine
 
Father, hear our prayers for Mick and his family. Fill them with strength to handle all that comes their way. Thank you Father for allowing the family members to know he has been attending a Christian Church. AMEN
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top