LaughingBoy1503
Well-known member
I was out of work for 5 weeks. I work in construction and I decided to start hitting job sites and I got myself a new job. My last specialty was demolition. This company hired me on as a mechanical pipe worker. Higher pay but also work I have no experience in the field in. I took some classes a year ago on the trade. I was completely honest with the superintendent that I have no experience but I guess he decided to give me a shot anyways. He did not hire me on the spot, he said he would call my union hall and request me when he needed people and I guess he needs people now.
If I may be so bold, can anyone who reads this just say a prayer that I do not blow this chance. Not enough people know this trade in my area so there is a lot of opportunity in it. I have my foot in the door now and if I do not blow it long enough to get some real decent experience, this can mean enough work for me in the future that I wont have to be out of work for weeks at a time sometimes. It is more money too. Please say a prayer for me that everything works out. Thank you.
If I may be so bold, can anyone who reads this just say a prayer that I do not blow this chance. Not enough people know this trade in my area so there is a lot of opportunity in it. I have my foot in the door now and if I do not blow it long enough to get some real decent experience, this can mean enough work for me in the future that I wont have to be out of work for weeks at a time sometimes. It is more money too. Please say a prayer for me that everything works out. Thank you.

***