My Pains, My Cross

  • Thread starter Thread starter T.A.Stobie_SFO
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T.A.Stobie_SFO

Guest
**My Pains, My Cross
**
My pains and my sufferings are the crosses that I bear,
In Jesus’ sufferings and cross, I most willing share,
As he shares in mine; for it is easier when we share,
As the joy of love compensates for the pains we bear.

Suffering can be physical, mental, or psychological;
It can be constant, one time, recurrent, or occasional.
Our suffering is not wasted when we offer it up in love
For the benefit of others to our most loving God above.

I take my pain and share the pain with Jesus my friend;
The pain continues unceasingly; my suffering does not end,
But my spirits are uplifted for I feel his great love for me,
As he shares in all my pains and suffers with me my agony.

I too unite myself with Jesus’ suffering in His holy passion,
Comforting him with my love in His most redemptive mission
For as God, He spans all time at all times neverendingly,
So I can share my love for Him now on His suffering retroactively.

Our mutual sharing does not reduce our pain and suffering at all,
but does wrap it in compassionate love making it more bearable.
Together we offer our pains and sufferings for the good of many,
Knowing that through our love, many will receive graces plenty.

We all can join all our pains in loving redemptive suffering,
Transforming our daily pain into a wonderful love offering,
And uniting them with Jesus Christ on His saving cross,
We feel His love and our sufferings are not a total loss.

Copyright 2015- Thomas A. Stobie, SFO - Permission to copy granted for personal use.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top