My thoughts keep making me think I sold my soul please help!

• Thread starter Thread starter Angel1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Angel1

Please I need advice so a couple weeks ago I was laying on my bed and a unwanted thought came to my head about selling my soul and in my head I said along the lines of I said I don’t want to sell my soul and I kept repeating in my head and like if you were to say a word incorrectly if you were having a conversation with someone I said in my head I said I sell my soul even though I didn’t want too and I’ve become really stressed from that night I’m pretty sure I have OCD but I keep thinking that god is going to send me to hell I know you can’t sell your soul but the thought keeps coming to my head please help me!

As soon as you can, please contact a health professional about your intrusive thoughts. They will be able to help you. Do it now, if possible.

Last edited:
I’ll try once this pandemic is over but who knows how long this is going to take

Until then hold tight to logic with your OCD and maybe not post on here if you feel like you might be scrupulous.Strangers on the internet will not help your situation but rather make it worse.

I’ll try thank you
@Angel1, you may be able to get a telephone consultation, or a skype consultation. Please look into what your doctor offers, don’t feel you have to wait. Also have a look at accessing a therapist trained in OCD, who also may offer telephone and skype consultations. They are being offered during this pandemic, so you should be able to get the help you need.

Pray the Rosary, and you cannot sell what you do not own! Your soul belongs to God, and if you love him and keep his word he will help you.

this is my personal opinion, (I’m not a doctor, so I can not say anything about mental health or whatever) When I was younger, thoughts like this came into my head from time to time. I was going through a dark period in my life. What I will say and again this is MY OPINION is that those thoughts were a result of a spiritual battle going on in my life. In my experience going to Confession and dumping everything that is on your mind no matter how horrible, praying the rosary daily, and understanding that you literally cannot sell your soul helped me with these thoughts.

God loves you and wants you into heaven with him MORE THAN YOU DO haha! Trust and love him. Read his written word and always say prayer when these “spiritual battles” come around (I say something like, Lord Jesus, help me…Mary Mother of God, crush the head of these evil thoughts, etc.) You also have a guardian angel who has been with you since birth. He also would like to help you, so ask for his help.

We’re just humans-and God doesn’t want any of us to go to hell. And certainly won’t send anyone there for a silly misguided thought or two-or many. He’s pretty “big” you know. 😉

Last edited:
These thoughts sound like you have been watching some disturbing media, films or cable shows. Do not let your heart be troubled.

OK, worst case. Let’s suppose that, even though it is impossible, somehow you “sold your soul” to the devil.

Who “owns” the devil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back