My two biggest fears

  • Thread starter Thread starter valient_Lucy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

valient_Lucy

Guest
I’ve suddenly realized that I have two huge fears in my life.

I’m afraid that I will never marry and have children, and I’m afraid that I will marry and have children.

Confused? So am I.
 
It doesn’t sound confusing at all.

I struggle with those fears as well.

I don’t know your age, and frankly, while it’s none of my buisness. However, I assume due to your screen name that your a woman. Age does come into play.

Go to Amazon.com and read the book, “Settiling for Mr. Good Enough”. It’s an amazing read. My best friend, (a woman, I am a guy) read it and her changed her life.

If your not afraid of having kids, your probably missing something epic.

I’ll pray for you ma’am.
 
No worries!

Well, if your ever in the New Engand area…look me up! 😉
 
I can definitely understand those fears 🙂 I think more people struggle with this than it seems… sometimes I have thoughts like these too!

God bless
 
I had a friend who was so afraid of having kids he wasn’t comfortable around pregnant women. Well, he got married and had a daughter, and that was that. Best thing that ever happened to him. People change. Don’t worry about it. What is to happen will happen.
 
I’ve suddenly realized that I have two huge fears in my life.

I’m afraid that I will never marry and have children, and I’m afraid that I will marry and have children.

Confused? So am I.
I had simular fear of not being able to marry so by the time i was 28 i gave up thinking i would even meet someone for a girlfriend.Later that yr i was with my now wie.

Yes i think most people are scared about the children thing…For myself though God blessed us with two very good children,which makes thing easy.Maybe it was cause He knew i had a big enough mess to straighten out let alone guide children.:o
 
I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but it’s always best to pray God’s Will be done for you.

If you get married and it isn’t His Will, you will never be happy. Likewise, if you never get married and it is His Will that you get married, you will not be happy, either.

St. John Vianney said that you should spend 15 days of prayer and fasting to learn your vocation for state in life.

I’m going through the same thoughts you are, but I think God’s directing me toward becoming a consecrated or single person.

God bless you! 🙂
 
I’m 32, struggling with the same fears. I love that book, “Settling for Mr. Good Enough.” It makes me laugh my head off. Not because it’s particularly funny, but because I would kill for a Mr. Good Enough.

Heck, I’d kill for a Mr. “I won’t require you to sleep with me or have phone sex or mastrubate me before we get married, and I won’t dump you to have sex with someone who will put out.”
 
I was afraid to have kids when I got married at 25, very worried. You change a lot after you have them and becoming more courageous is one way The Holy Spirit helps you.
Say “Jesus, I trust you” when you feel afraid.
 
well I already have children and my biggest fear is that they will turn out like me, and my other biggest fear is that they won’t take after me
 
well I already have children and my biggest fear is that they will turn out like me, and my other biggest fear is that they won’t take after me
lol though at first it seeems funny but in all honesty it’s a honest fesr,i for one would not want my son to live the life i led but i sure would like him to live the way i do.
 
Thanks for everyone’s advice and comments.

The funny thing about being afraid of having kids is I love kids. I’m working on getting my teaching license in elementary education.

But I was suddenly thinking, “What happens when I get sick? All I’ll want is peace and quiet, and instead I’ll have children jumpin on the couch and smashing lamps and fighting over toys!” I told this to my mom, who chuckled and said, “That won’t happen. The kids will be sick too. That’s why you’ll be sick.”
 
Flyingfish are you Catholic? If you have a sacramental marriage one of the requirements is that you are open to life. What is it about babies and children that scares you?
 
Heck, I’d kill for a Mr. “I won’t require you to sleep with me or have phone sex or mastrubate me before we get married, and I won’t dump you to have sex with someone who will put out.”
Um, good luck with all that.😃 Sounds like you’ve had some doozies.
 
So true, so true. I’ve got 2 in day care. I’ve gotten sick more times in the past 3 years than I have my entire life.😦
Yeah. When I was teaching in South Korea, I would get sick at least once a month.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top