T
thephilosopher6
Guest
So, it’s been about 2 1/2 years since what I am about to explained happened. My Uncle who married my Aunt (he’s not related by blood) started drinking… a lot. He started drinking back in about 2008 maybe 2009. I’m not exactly sure but it was around that time. Unfortunately, after years of drinking multiple alcoholic beverages every single day he messed up his brain really really badly. My aunt found him collapsed down the stars in their house and she called the ambulance. He was taken to the hospital and he was in stable condition. However, he had now developed something called “Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome.” Also known as “Wet Brain syndrome.” He has impaired memory and can’t do basic things, such as going to the bathroom, on his own. Most of the time, he is confused and has no idea what is going on. He thinks it’s the early 2000’s and he actually thinks Bill Clinton is still president. I’m not even kidding. When ever someone asks him what the date is he’ll usually say it’s 2000 or 2001. He one time even thought it was as early as 1998 at one time. Its almost like his brain has been set back 15 years. He thinks I’m still a teenager and whenever I visit him he either does not recognize me, or he tells me that I look so much older from the “last time” I saw him. It’s sad. My aunt on the other hand has been coping. She became an Evangelical. My mothers side of the family are all Episcopalians. But when my mom married my dad she became Catholic. So my aunt was basically a non practicing Episcopalian but now after the loss of her husband she “found Jesus” and goes to a Baptist Church. Which is good. I’m happy for her. Even though sometimes we get into theological debates on Facebook.
Anyway, I’m just asking you pray for my Aunt and my Uncle. I am also wondering if perhaps my Uncle has a chance at salvation? He did put himself in this situation, but he can’t get out now. He doesn’t even know what is happening to him. He can’t possibly repent and come to God on his own.
Anyway, I’m just asking you pray for my Aunt and my Uncle. I am also wondering if perhaps my Uncle has a chance at salvation? He did put himself in this situation, but he can’t get out now. He doesn’t even know what is happening to him. He can’t possibly repent and come to God on his own.
***