Myers: Coalition 'Definitely Winning' Against Insurgents

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
gilliam, tried to read your link but got a blank email page for hotmail.

I believe it but am always suspicious of such reports. After all for a decade all we got were rosy reports from Viet Nam. I hope these reports are true. I don’t know what choice we had, though we probably should have gone after Saudi Arabia instead. I pray that a Democracy that protects all relgions will succeed.

DanL

Asked during the briefing “are we winning” the war, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld did not directly respond.

“The United States and the coalition forces, in my personal view, will not be the thing that will defeat the insurgency,” Rumsfeld said.

“So, therefore, winning or losing is not the issue for ‘we,’ in my view, in the traditional, conventional context of using the word ‘winning’ and ‘losing’ in a war. The people that are going to defeat that insurgency are going to be the Iraqis.”

After Rumsfeld finished, Myers interjected, "I’m going to say this: I think we are winning, OK? I think we’re definitely winning. I think we’ve been winning for some time."
alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N26575946.htm

I guess the proof will be in the pudding. I do hope that these optomistic reports are valid. I would hate to see Iraq return to a terrorist regime the moment we turn our backs.

40.png
legeorge:
I guess the proof will be in the pudding. I do hope that these optomistic reports are valid. I would hate to see Iraq return to a terrorist regime the moment we turn our backs.
Well, you know, the US really can’t afford that outcome. This has turned into a self defense issue (whether or not it was one to begin with)

40.png
gilliam:
Well, you know, the US really can’t afford that outcome. This has turned into a self defense issue (whether or not it was one to begin with)
The ways of war are the ways of man. God’s ways are not man’s ways. We men always make a mess of things. I hope this all ends in a tolerable way. Will continue to pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back