Name of hymn/song at Holy Thursday mass

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChrisCA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrisCA

Guest
It’s my first post here, hehe, sorry if I am posting in the wrong section. 😊

At the Holy Thursday mass we sung a song in Latin something “dominum” or “domino” and the first part started like montandeum or something like that. It was just one line we sung over and over.

Does anyone know what it’s called? It was so beautiful hearing it while the procession was entering, the incense being dispensed and the whole congregation and choir singing. I love it! I love the Triduum!
 
It’s my first post here, hehe, sorry if I am posting in the wrong section. 😊

At the Holy Thursday mass we sung a song in Latin something “dominum” or “domino” and the first part started like montandeum or something like that. It was just one line we sung over and over.

Does anyone know what it’s called? It was so beautiful hearing it while the procession was entering, the incense being dispensed and the whole congregation and choir singing. I love it! I love the Triduum!
There is this one that is traditionally sung during the Washing of the Feet:
Code:
   Mandatum novum do vobis: ut diligatis invicem, sicut dilexi vos, dicit Dominus. -- Beati  immaculati in via: qui ambulant in lege Domini. -- Mandatum novum . . .     
   A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another, as I have loved you, saith the  Lord. -- (*Ps.* 118. 1).  Blessed are the undefiled in the way: who walk in the law of the Lord. -- A  new commandment . . .
 
There is this one that is traditionally sung during the Washing of the Feet:
Code:
   Mandatum novum do vobis: ut diligatis invicem, sicut dilexi vos, dicit Dominus. -- Beati  immaculati in via: qui ambulant in lege Domini. -- Mandatum novum . . .     
   A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another, as I have loved you, saith the  Lord. -- (*Ps.* 118. 1).  Blessed are the undefiled in the way: who walk in the law of the Lord. -- A  new commandment . . .
That’s it!! Thank you so much 😃
 
Hi This is my first post … we sang a song tonight during the washing of the feet that had “said Simon Peter” in the verse and was based on the scripture where Simon Peter said “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!” Does anyone know what this song is titled? I am trying to find the lyrics. Thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top