P
philip01
Guest
My ex-Catholic brother tried to hit me with a scripture last week that he could hardly remember. He was trying to steer me away from “evil Catholicism”. Anyway. . .he said, “you know the bible says to beware of those who wear gold robes and preach out loud!?” He was eluding to the scripture warning against Catholic priests, bishops, the Pope. . .
Hardly a solid argument against Catholicism, but nonetheless I responded. I simply said, “the bible should be read in context and as a whole, not paraphrased to suit ones own personal feelings.” I would really like to find this scripture and it’s true context, since he has decided to hang his hat on it.
Hardly a solid argument against Catholicism, but nonetheless I responded. I simply said, “the bible should be read in context and as a whole, not paraphrased to suit ones own personal feelings.” I would really like to find this scripture and it’s true context, since he has decided to hang his hat on it.