NBC Reporter Was on U.N. Lobby Payroll

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that we will not be reading about this on MSNBC or hearing it on NBC’s news cast.

40.png
gilliam:
IT’S NOT JUST ARMSTRONG WILLIAMS, CONT’D: "NBC Reporter Was on U.N. Lobby Payroll ."
I loved this:

Linda Fasulo, the U.N. correspondent for NBC News and MSNBC, has written a pro-U.N. book, An Insider’s Guide to the U.N., which reads like the U.N. paid for it. Actually, the pro-U.N. lobby paid for it. In a monstrous conflict of interest for a supposed straight news reporter, Fasulo acknowledges Ted Turner’s U.N. Foundation and Better World Campaign for “their generous financial support” of her book project. She also thanks the Rockefeller Brothers Fund “for helping to fund the project.”

The book is about “one of the finest and most important governing bodies,” she says. Of the U.N. chief, she writes like a school girl with a crush. “It is hard to find anyone who can mount a serious criticism of [Kofi] Annan’s performance as Secretary General,” she claims. His performance is so “impressive” that she wonders if a “cult of personality” has risen up around him. One U.S. official is reported to be “astonished by just how good a Secretary General Kofi Annan has been.”*

Made me want to “frow up” - well perhaps Dan Rather can investigate and report back to us. :nope:

40.png
HagiaSophia:
I loved this:

Linda Fasulo, the U.N. correspondent for NBC News and MSNBC, has written a pro-U.N. book, An Insider’s Guide to the U.N., which reads like the U.N. paid for it. Actually, the pro-U.N. lobby paid for it. In a monstrous conflict of interest for a supposed straight news reporter, Fasulo acknowledges Ted Turner’s U.N. Foundation and Better World Campaign for “their generous financial support” of her book project. She also thanks the Rockefeller Brothers Fund “for helping to fund the project.”

The book is about “one of the finest and most important governing bodies,” she says. Of the U.N. chief, she writes like a school girl with a crush. “It is hard to find anyone who can mount a serious criticism of [Kofi] Annan’s performance as Secretary General,” she claims. His performance is so “impressive” that she wonders if a “cult of personality” has risen up around him. One U.S. official is reported to be “astonished by just how good a Secretary General Kofi Annan has been.”*

Made me want to “frow up” - well perhaps Dan Rather can investigate and report back to us. :nope:
I am not at all up on all the things going on at the UN but just the ‘oil for food’ project should be enough to get rid of him. I like your comment. 😃

I don’t understand why y’all are getting all worked up about this. Since Turner, although he’s very wealthy, isn’t usually associated with the conservative capitalist establishment, it’s okay if his foundations and employees do something like this. On the other hand, Williams was a conservative who got money through a disconnected link to the hated GWB, therefore it was evil. You guys just don’t get it!

40.png
Lance:
I am not at all up on all the things going on at the UN but just the ‘oil for food’ project should be enough to get rid of him. I like your comment. 😃
I agree, I think it was disgusting the way certain officials in the UN stole money destined for the Iraqi’s who neede it most, I think the whole story should be plastered all over the place.

By the way, what about the billions of dollars syphoned of by US companies after the invasion?

Does any little rhyme about pots and kettles come to mind anybody?

40.png
Norwich:
By the way, what about the billions of dollars syphoned of by US companies after the invasion?

Does any little rhyme about pots and kettles come to mind anybody?
Lot of things come to my mind. I know we will find it all out. I just know that that UN won’t pay the price, but we will. There is a double standard that never stops giving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back