NBC's Trump town hall will likely be a train wreck — and viewers will flock to it

• Thread starter Thread starter RidgeSprinter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RidgeSprinter

People will now be forced to choose between the town halls based on two factors: preference for a candidate and entertainment value. According to the most recent polls, Biden seems to have the edge on the former, but when did people pass up the chance to see the type of hijinks, aggression or low comedy that only Trump can offer?
Will anyone be surprised if Trump draws a bigger crowd than Biden? Consider the entire history of Trump’s political career. He has been all about creating noise, distractions and levels of outrage to play well across the breadth of media.
In other words: Trump is treating this as a circus. And let’s face it, at the circus, the guy calmly juggling bowling pins while trying to balance himself on a ball is never going to draw the same crowd as the freak show.

Look, I respect that you like CNN. For me this is why I stopped watching CNN. They have become so hateful and biased, that they do not produce news anymore. Just clickbait. I used to be a CNN only guy before 2015. I saw their change and did not like it.

They are already laying the groundwork for explaining away why Trump may beat Biden in the ratings.

They are already laying the groundwork for explaining away why Trump may beat Biden in the ratings.
One thing is sure, Trump better be prepared as he enters enemy territory. One can count on the questioners being Biden loyalists.
And with DNC shill George Stephanopoulos lobbing softballs at Biden, both events are certain to be anti-Trump.

Two reasons I am going to watch Trump:

I would far rather watch Trump dodge the verbal knives the liberal shills are going to throw at him than watch Biden slowly turn to stone onscreen.

And too, if Biden says anything about being Catholic, which he probably will, I hate that aftertaste in my mouth of throwing up.

“I know nothing about QAnon”

…then proceeds to say things he knows about QAnon

Last edited:
I watched a few minutes of Pres. Trump’s townhall, but we had to leave to help my husband’s parents.

I was surprised–usually Savannah Guthrie is a sweetie who seems more open-minded and peaceable than the other NBC “journalists.” But tonight–she seemed rather crabby. Maybe they shouldn’t have made her get up at 2:00 a.m. to get to her Today Show gig (I’ve heard her story of her typical morning, and she does get up at 2:00 a.m.)–maybe they should have given her the morning off to rest up.

But then, I only saw a few minutes of it.

As Steve Scully proved, there are few fair journalists interested in giving the candidates equal treatment. That’s a shame, and a poor reflection on them as so-called journalists.

As Steve Scully proved, there are few fair journalists interested in giving the candidates equal treatment.
The journalist was abominably rude. She interrupted Trump constantly and tried to trigger an angry response from him. I could only stomach 20 minutes and realized there was a pat agenda on her part and I changed channels.

Last edited:
The journalist was abominably rude. She interrupted Trump constantly and tried to trigger an angry response from him. I could only stomach 20 minutes and realized there was a pat agenda on her part and I changed channels.
Good for her. Normally Trump is the abominably rude person and a constant interrupter! I love it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Except that isn’t her job. These events are not about the moderators. Unless you believe Rush should be moderating a Biden town hall.

Last edited:
This morning on NBC, the various people being interviewed are predicting that VP Biden will win in a landslide.

I’m not sure about that. We see a lot of Biden signs in yards, but we see a lot more empty yards–and we think that in our city, those empty yards are probably Trump supporters who don’t want to have their homes vandalized or put themselves in danger of being attacked (physically).

When we drive out of the city into the country, we see farm after farm and small town home after small town home not just displaying one “Trump/Pence” sign, but decorated with huge displays (red/white/blue) supporting the President. A poll on the Early Morning Farm show found that 85% of farmers plan to vote for Pres. Trump. Many of the people in small towns are former farmers who have retired, or are related to farmers and moved to the small towns to be closer to their loved ones. And many are people who moved OUT of cities like ours to escape from the fears of being murdered.

The other group that I think will come out strong for Trump are the people who have had their businesses shut down by our Governor, a Democrat who is controlled by the Ultra Democrat, Speaker of the House (since I was in high school, and I’m 63!) Michael Madigan. I think that in spite of the Democratic propaganda stating that the closures are Pres. Trump’s fault, most people realize that it is our Democratic-controlled State government that has destroyed our economy and plunged many into despair. I think these people will vote for Pres. Trump and his policies that advocate for careful opening of businesses rather than closing them down and giving people “guv’ment aid” until the COVID-19 virus goes away. That was fine when we all thought the virus would play out in a few months, but it sounds like this thing is around for a long time, and people can’t be living on public aid for that long.

We think that many of these people are keeping quiet about their voting plans because they are afraid of being attacked by the violently-inclined anti-Trumpers.

I could be wrong–I hope not, because electing VP Biden/Sen. Harris, and also electing Democratic Senators/Congress, and voting for Democratic referendums (like the Progressive Tax in Illinois) will bring disaster to this country.

On the other hand, because of the Electoral College (which I support whole-heartedly!), Illinois will go for Biden/Harris. Oh, well.

Last edited:
From the very beginning of the NBC town hall, Trump was an antagonistic participant, interrupting and criticizing the premise of questions from Guthrie – sometimes before she had even finished asking them – and often offering falsehoods as part of his answers. That dynamic immediately created a contentious back-and-forth between Trump and Guthrie that ratcheted up the crackling tension of the NBC event, as she interjected to fact-check his answers or ask if he was serious about his statements.

One thing is sure, Trump better be prepared as he enters enemy territory. One can count on the questioners being Biden loyalists.
And with DNC shill George Stephanopoulos lobbing softballs at Biden, both events are certain to be anti-Trump.
NBC’s Savannah Guthrie kicked off Thursday night’s town hall with President Donald Trump by attempting to mask shame him and moved forward with partisan questions that reflect the values of the Democrat party.
Source: Savannah Guthrie Repeatedly Interrupts, Attempts to Mask Shame Trump

Last edited:
Mercedes Shlapp, a Trump advisor, attempted to insult Biden in the post-town hall spin by accusing him of being like Mr Rogers.

I found that odd, since a large part of the country would probably love to have Mr Rogers in the White House. He is widely respected.

Reactions to the Trump town hall predictably split along party lines. The Trump supporters see Savannah Guthrie as a partisan who inserted herself into the show and mistreated the President, while anti-Trump people were glad that the lies were being called out. Of course, Trump supporters think he never lies.

Last edited:
I found that odd, since a large part of the country would probably love to have Mr Rogers in the White House. He is widely respected.
I would imagine the vast majority of Evangelicals would indeed.
Of course, Trump supporters think he never lies.
Even when you show them the Fact-Check on the lie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back