L
Love_is_Patient
Guest
I got into a conversation with my friend who attends the Church of the Nazarene about similarities and differences between our faiths. He is of the opinion that believing in Jesus and living a Christ-like life is what is necessary for salvation, and all the “extra stuff” that Catholics believe in are unnecessary, man-made traditions (i.e. the sacraments, etc.)
He’s heard of the “no salvation except through the Church” and of course disagrees with it.
Here’s my problem: I don’t quite understand the Catholic Church’s understanding of how non-Catholic Christians can get to heaven. I got stuck, because I know we don’t believe that not being Catholic is a sentence to hell, so there is a way to get there without the Eucharist and Confession and etc.
What exactly does the Church teach?
He’s heard of the “no salvation except through the Church” and of course disagrees with it.
Here’s my problem: I don’t quite understand the Catholic Church’s understanding of how non-Catholic Christians can get to heaven. I got stuck, because I know we don’t believe that not being Catholic is a sentence to hell, so there is a way to get there without the Eucharist and Confession and etc.
What exactly does the Church teach?