Need advice asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_waters

New member
Hi everyone…

Im asking for advice…im going through alot at the moment and have alot of worries both about myself and those close to me…i feel that i have so much i need to pray about and pray for that i feel daunted and then end up not praying at all…

Id appreciate any advice you can give…id also appreciate any advice you can give on how i can motivate myself to start praying for what i need to pray for as i just feel so daunted because i have so many worries and problems to pray about that i dont know where to start…
 
You can always take your feelings of being overwhelmed and your prayer difficulties to God, first and foremost. Or the Blessed Mother. There is no problem that we cannot take to them.

Break the prayers down into baby steps and keep the prayers simple. In really hard times and at the advice of my confessor, my prayers have even been a simple single word of: “HELP!”

Sometimes when I pray I mention a few important things and add on “all of my intentions” – I’d like to think God will figure the rest of it out. If I do neglect to mention something and remember it later in the day, I’ll offer it up. But I’m not inclined to believe he expects perfectly crafted and detailed prayers all the time. I believe he’s happy with any prayer we may have, as long as it’s sincere.
 
If you are able to; spend some quiet time in front of the Blessed Sacrament. It does not have to be Exposition, it could be time by the Tabernacle or just sitting in Church. But let it be quiet time; just you & The Lord.
 
Our Lord knows what is on your heart, even without you speaking a word. Take some time to just literally sit in n His presence, whether at home or ideally before the Blessed Sacrament. You don’t need to list your worries. Just sit in His presence and take consolation and peace from that encounter.
 
Maybe it would help you focus if you wrote your worries and problems down on a piece of paper. Proritize them as to which are the most important to solve. Ask God for his help. Pray the Rosary.
Go to Adoration if you have one close by. I started a rosary journal and write down the intentions I pray for each day. Are you doing any special readings or meditations for Lent?
 
If you are feeling overwhelmed, then just focus on one prayer- such as the Efficacious Novena to the Sacred Heart. Padre Pio used it everyday for all the intentions he was asked to pray for. Then you can list off all your worries and needs in it and be at peace.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top