V
Viki63
Guest
I know this is more than a school question. We are starting family counselling this week. But I would appreciate any thoughts that other parents might have about our situation, since our counselor is not Catholic.
My daughter is 13, in 7th grade. She has been doing well in her Catholic school, on the Honor Roll. So her behavior came out of left field, taking us by surprise. A month ago she stole some things from classmates- valuable items. She did not admit it until the principal brought the police in, and then she confessed. We have restored and repaid the things stolen (several hundred dollars worth).
The school is reluctant to allow her to continue, and I am reluctant to keep her there, for various reasons. If I did want to keep her in, it would require a hearing, and they would most likely expell her officially. There is no other Catholic school within distance that has room or is willing to accept her at this point in the year. She has missed a month of school now.
My choices are to attempt to homeschool her (I work full time, but could leave her with assignments) or to send her to the nearest public junior high, which is where her cousins have gotten involved in drugs, gangs, and other problems. I am thinking of keeping her home through 7th grade, and applying to one of the other Catholic schools nearby for 8th.
I am praying for guidance but am pretty much stuck right now, I appreciate any of your thoughts,
My daughter is 13, in 7th grade. She has been doing well in her Catholic school, on the Honor Roll. So her behavior came out of left field, taking us by surprise. A month ago she stole some things from classmates- valuable items. She did not admit it until the principal brought the police in, and then she confessed. We have restored and repaid the things stolen (several hundred dollars worth).
The school is reluctant to allow her to continue, and I am reluctant to keep her there, for various reasons. If I did want to keep her in, it would require a hearing, and they would most likely expell her officially. There is no other Catholic school within distance that has room or is willing to accept her at this point in the year. She has missed a month of school now.
My choices are to attempt to homeschool her (I work full time, but could leave her with assignments) or to send her to the nearest public junior high, which is where her cousins have gotten involved in drugs, gangs, and other problems. I am thinking of keeping her home through 7th grade, and applying to one of the other Catholic schools nearby for 8th.
I am praying for guidance but am pretty much stuck right now, I appreciate any of your thoughts,