J
Joseph629
Guest
NoName, you’ve received a lot of good advice here. And I suspect most was given as a result of similar and personal marital experiences.
I must agree however with 3 or 4 responses recommending some sort of counselling. You and your husband can try many of the suggestions given here, but as a past therapist, and from what I’m hearing from you, I truly believe that a 3rd party councillor can help you both to get to know and understand each other much better and deeper. And to your benefit, you’ve only been married for a very short time. Now is a good time to catch, and work on, problems before they get totally out of hand.
My own little experience: Married 28 yrs. I’m not a perfectionist, but, from my upbringing I am a MUCH tidier person than my wife. I do my own laundry, -(I like it that way)-, but I have come to accept that my wife and I will NEVER be on the same page in this matter. Soooo, I have a room (sort of a rec-room/library) that I call mine, is kept beautifully tidy (by me), and I can retreat there when necessary. So, that is our compromise. I’m happy, she’s happy.
-Oh, and sometimes she sits in there with me and we talk, but guess what? Inevitably, I always must pick up a cup, glass, or blanket or…whatever after she’s left. Oh well. LOL. My prayers and God’s many graces for both you and your husband. Joseph
I must agree however with 3 or 4 responses recommending some sort of counselling. You and your husband can try many of the suggestions given here, but as a past therapist, and from what I’m hearing from you, I truly believe that a 3rd party councillor can help you both to get to know and understand each other much better and deeper. And to your benefit, you’ve only been married for a very short time. Now is a good time to catch, and work on, problems before they get totally out of hand.
My own little experience: Married 28 yrs. I’m not a perfectionist, but, from my upbringing I am a MUCH tidier person than my wife. I do my own laundry, -(I like it that way)-, but I have come to accept that my wife and I will NEVER be on the same page in this matter. Soooo, I have a room (sort of a rec-room/library) that I call mine, is kept beautifully tidy (by me), and I can retreat there when necessary. So, that is our compromise. I’m happy, she’s happy.
-Oh, and sometimes she sits in there with me and we talk, but guess what? Inevitably, I always must pick up a cup, glass, or blanket or…whatever after she’s left. Oh well. LOL. My prayers and God’s many graces for both you and your husband. Joseph