H
homerunbetty
Guest
My husband is a teacher and coach and recently changed jobs this school year. It was supposed to be a better fit for our family since it was closer to home and in the same school district as our children. However, it has been a struggle ever since due to his coaching responsibilities.
His mother recently retired from her job and said she did it to help him out with the kiddos. She picked the kids up from school and kept them at her house until I got off work every day. It never failed when I would pick them up, she would always have some reason why I would have to be there immediately. She would start calling or texting me around 4:00, knowing I do not get off work until 5:30, wanting to know when was I going to be there to pick up the kiddos because she had to be somewhere. But when it was her son picking up the kiddos, he could take all the time in the world. Well, we found out her new husband was spanking our children. We told her this was unacceptable. We are the parents and we would do the disciplining. She did not agree, so we did not allow her to pick the kids up any longer. This put us in quite a bind, but my husband figured out a way to leave his school, pick up our kids and bring them back to his school for the rest of the day while he would hold his practices.
Since the spanking incident, my husband has been picking the kiddos up from school every day. This past Sunday, they had a football meeting and he was told he can’t pick them up from school any more because they started an off season football program on Monday. I do not have any family. We do not have anybody that can help with the kiddos, or anybody that will help I guess I should say. My mother-in-law said she retired to help with the kids, but her husband spanked our children. We told her this was unacceptable and she said oh well. My husband’s step mother said she takes care of kids all day long and the last thing she wants to do is take care of more kids when she gets off work.
Our children have after school activities. Our daughter has dance. Our son has practices (basketball, baseball, etc. all depending on the season). They both have CCD. I haven’t ever been able to bring our kiddos to any of their activities because of my work schedule. Sometimes I miss their practices or games completely.
We just do not know what to do. There are some daycares that could pick them up and bring them to my husband’s school, but I feel so bad for them having to go back to Daddy’s school and sit there while my husband is conducting practice for 2 hours. Especially my daughter.
I am supposed to start back to school on January 11 so I can finish my Bachelor degree. I work full time and sometimes do not get home until after 6:00. I barely get to see my children. I guess I see them a couple of hours a day by the time I get home, get supper cooked, bathe them and get them off to bed. We have talked about me quitting and working part time, but we are not at that point yet. We wanted to sale our house first and buy a cheaper house so I could quit and work part time. We do have some money in our savings that could get us by for the next year until we could sale our house, but we did not want to touch that money.
I would appreciate any thoughts you all have. Thank you and God bless.
His mother recently retired from her job and said she did it to help him out with the kiddos. She picked the kids up from school and kept them at her house until I got off work every day. It never failed when I would pick them up, she would always have some reason why I would have to be there immediately. She would start calling or texting me around 4:00, knowing I do not get off work until 5:30, wanting to know when was I going to be there to pick up the kiddos because she had to be somewhere. But when it was her son picking up the kiddos, he could take all the time in the world. Well, we found out her new husband was spanking our children. We told her this was unacceptable. We are the parents and we would do the disciplining. She did not agree, so we did not allow her to pick the kids up any longer. This put us in quite a bind, but my husband figured out a way to leave his school, pick up our kids and bring them back to his school for the rest of the day while he would hold his practices.
Since the spanking incident, my husband has been picking the kiddos up from school every day. This past Sunday, they had a football meeting and he was told he can’t pick them up from school any more because they started an off season football program on Monday. I do not have any family. We do not have anybody that can help with the kiddos, or anybody that will help I guess I should say. My mother-in-law said she retired to help with the kids, but her husband spanked our children. We told her this was unacceptable and she said oh well. My husband’s step mother said she takes care of kids all day long and the last thing she wants to do is take care of more kids when she gets off work.
Our children have after school activities. Our daughter has dance. Our son has practices (basketball, baseball, etc. all depending on the season). They both have CCD. I haven’t ever been able to bring our kiddos to any of their activities because of my work schedule. Sometimes I miss their practices or games completely.
We just do not know what to do. There are some daycares that could pick them up and bring them to my husband’s school, but I feel so bad for them having to go back to Daddy’s school and sit there while my husband is conducting practice for 2 hours. Especially my daughter.
I am supposed to start back to school on January 11 so I can finish my Bachelor degree. I work full time and sometimes do not get home until after 6:00. I barely get to see my children. I guess I see them a couple of hours a day by the time I get home, get supper cooked, bathe them and get them off to bed. We have talked about me quitting and working part time, but we are not at that point yet. We wanted to sale our house first and buy a cheaper house so I could quit and work part time. We do have some money in our savings that could get us by for the next year until we could sale our house, but we did not want to touch that money.
I would appreciate any thoughts you all have. Thank you and God bless.
