Need help adjusting to regret over vasectomy

  • Thread starter Thread starter crazydaisyamy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazydaisyamy

Guest
My DH had a vasectomy after the birth of our second child for health reasons for me. I was faced with really bad PPD after both of my children and host of other physical issues while pregnant. Now almost 8 years later, I am regretting having it done. He is not. I have gone to confession and am working through the guilt of it. Does anyone have any scripture that might help to read? I have been praying like crazy for peace and it seems to be crushing me. God has blessed me in so many ways but I feel like I have broken my promise to him by doing this.
 
You have sinned against God and are sorry but cannot let go of the guilt and accept His love. I know where you are. May I humbly suggest Luke 20-24:
…So he got up and went back to his father. While he was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him, and was filled with compassion. He ran to his son, embraced him and kissed him. His son said to him, ‘Father,** I have sinned against heaven and against you; I no longer deserve to be called your son.’ But his father ordered his servants, ‘Quickly bring the finest robe and put it on him; put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Take the fattened calf and slaughter it. Then let us celebrate with a feast, because this son of mine was dead, and has come to life again; he was lost, and has been found.’ Then the celebration began.**
God knows what is in your heart. I will keep you in my prayers tonight.
 
You say you have confessed this, yet you still struggle. Here are some words to reflect on:

*“On the evening of that day, the first day of the week,” Jesus showed himself to his apostles. “He breathed on them, and said to them: 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained”’ (Jn 20:19, 22-23). *

You can see from the above that when your sins are forgiven through confession, they are forgiven by Christ’s authority. The priest speaks the words and God does the forgiving.

The verses offer by TheDoctor are also apposite. Reflect on these things and know that you are forgiven. The versus above show the reality of fogiveness through confession, while TheDoctor’s versus regarding the prodigal son show God’s joy when we return to Him.
 
You say you have confessed this, yet you still struggle. Here are some words to reflect on:

*“On the evening of that day, the first day of the week,” Jesus showed himself to his apostles. “He breathed on them, and said to them: 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained”’ (Jn 20:19, 22-23). *

You can see from the above that when your sins are forgiven through confession, they are forgiven by Christ’s authority. The priest speaks the words and God does the forgiving.

The verses offer by TheDoctor are also apposite. Reflect on these things and know that you are forgiven. The versus above show the reality of fogiveness through confession, while TheDoctor’s versus regarding the prodigal son show God’s joy when we return to Him.
Another version of this passage is written: “Whatsoever you declare bound on earth shall be bound in Heaven and whatsoever you declare loosed on earth shall be loosed in Heaven.” Is it not every christian who has the duty to follow this teaching for both themselves and others? Learn the lesson so that you may share it with others struggling with this choice. Turn your decision around and use it for good. All forgiveness starts within and is necessary for continual growth.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
 
You have confessed and Our Lord has forgiven you. Perhaps this is a moment when you can reclaim being open to life in a new and special way. Our Lord is sure to send people your way who need your love and support. Your extended family is sure to grow. He will never desert you. Fear not; seek and you will find. May God Bless you and may you recognize each blessing. Amen.
 
My DH had a vasectomy after the birth of our second child for health reasons for me. I was faced with really bad PPD after both of my children and host of other physical issues while pregnant. Now almost 8 years later, I am regretting having it done. He is not. I have gone to confession and am working through the guilt of it. Does anyone have any scripture that might help to read? I have been praying like crazy for peace and it seems to be crushing me. God has blessed me in so many ways but I feel like I have broken my promise to him by doing this.
I think it is reversible now.
 
It is done…you are sorry…no more guilt.
God is so amazingly great, loving and surprising. If He wants you to have more children then a litte thing like a vasectomy will not matter.
Don’t worry. Love the life the Lord granted you.
 
Yes, but the husband doesn’t want it reversed - so that’s not an option.
God Bless
I could be worse: you could be a terrorist who killed hundreds of people. God forgave you, so you must do what God did: forgive yourself.
 
I went through the same thing. Only mine was a tubal ligation after 3 c-sections. My Priest told me that my job now is to be the very best example of a wife that I can be and that my husband and I would be used to minister to others in their marriages. After 14 years, I am seeing His plan working!
Steph
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top