Need help again - related to Idol Worship

• Thread starter Thread starter Scanner
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Scanner:
Sorry, I lost the original thread where I was discussing the conflict in me about idol worship and my profession, chiropractic.

For those of you who were with me the first time, here is another link I found that may interest you:

articles.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0950/is_3_111/ai_98921538

I find it very disturbing in my profession. I am speaking out against it.
WHATS YOUR QUESTION?

I am sorry. I didn’t want to go through all of it again but I guess I have been concerned about the very vocation I engage in.

Most of the posters were quite supportive and didn’t find anything wrong with chiropractic, yet, I have an uneasy feeling about it lately.

No question. I just couldn’t find my previous thread.

Okay, I guess there’s a question, open ended -

What do you think of the link I provided?

My initial reaction is that this is no condemnation of your profession, as long as you don’t join his “Church” and subscribe to his “god.”

As long as you believe in the work you are doing and perform it faithfully without compromising your Catholic faith, I see no problem.

40.png
Scanner:
I am sorry. I didn’t want to go through all of it again but I guess I have been concerned about the very vocation I engage in.

Most of the posters were quite supportive and didn’t find anything wrong with chiropractic, yet, I have an uneasy feeling about it lately.

No question. I just couldn’t find my previous thread.

Okay, I guess there’s a question, open ended -

What do you think of the link I provided?
Here is your previous thread forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=977 but I’ve never linked threads before so I don’t know if I did it right. If you want to find threads or posts, what I do is go to members and look myself up (or the other person if I’m following someone else’s and I remember their name) and it will list out your threads and posts.

As to this new attachment, I find it more disturbing because it seems like they are baiting people into this nonsense with the lure of eliminating vaccinations. (I’m assuming that is attractive to certain groups… any particular demographics or reasoning behind it?)

Sorry about my absence.

The reasoning behind it? Well some feel almost the same as Christian Scientists do, that we shouldn’t intervene in matters of the body. However, when confronted with why we intervene with adjustments, well, then the argument breaks apart.

Some just oppose vaccination well, simply because medicine, a political enemy of chiropractic at times, supports it.

There are some arguments that vaccinations cause more harm than good but most public health officials have determined otherwise. We basically don’t have to worry about smallpox, tetanus, rabies, as diseases any longer because of vaccination.

It’s not so much that being opposed to vaccination that worries me. It’s the encouraging of joining a church (in effect prosletyzing) that has me disturbed.

This is just one whack-job taking advantage of people. Many people start dubious “churches” (that fit the IRS requirements). I’ll bet anything there is some type of “donation” required to join.

What he is doing has *nothing whatsoever * to do with the legitimate practice of chiropractic. I am a massage therapist. Some people in my profession are doing things that I believe are absolutely unethical & just plain goofy. But I don’t have to take part in that stuff. I see my job as part of helping the body heal itself naturally. I have a statue of St. Martin de Porres in my office, as well as NFP brochures(one that especially emphasizes that you don’t have to be Catholic, but it’s for anyone who wants a side-effect free way to space children & grow closer to their spouse). If they learn a little about the Catholic position & get off ABC, that’s even better.

I’ve also had several clients who were fallen away & I directed them to some resources about the Church. They could tell right away I was Catholic & that I was enthusiastic about my faith. So they asked questions.

You can be a good Catholic & a good, ethical chiropractor, too. 👍

Scanner- You may want to go to the Vatican website and read the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue-Jesus Christ, The Bearer of the Water of Life.I am also interested in alternative medicine and wonder just how far out you can get before you are deceived. Reading this helped me to feel that our church is on the ball when it comes to our concerns. I find comfort when I see our shepherds sifting through all the info that bombards us.

I don’t know if this will answer your question-but hope it will be of some help-I don’t see where your occupation would be a problem with our faith-to answer your question.

I think the true crime here is that he felt the need to set up this fake church in order to allow parents to decide not vaccinate their children. My take is that the language he used may have been a ploy to make his church sound real. Saying “we are a congregation whose sole purpose to allow parents to exempt kids from vaccines” just wouldn’t cut it with the state. Some kids are at higher risk to having adverse reactions to vaccines, and in those cases, often the risk of the disease is a lesser evil than the side effect of the vaccine. Ask someone with an autistic child if they would rather deal with measles or autism, and they’ll say measles every time I bet.

Scanner, what is the difference between an osteopath and a chiropractor? Might osteopathy be less troublesome?

Sorry, I lost the original thread where I was discussing the conflict in me about idol worship and my profession, chiropractic.

For those of you who were with me the first time, here is another link I found that may interest you:

articles.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0950/is_3_111/ai_98921538

I find it very disturbing in my profession. I am speaking out against it.
you have no control over idol worship.you have only control over your reactions.You not goin to change anything.Are you using this as a reason not to belive in God?Is this stopping you from being a sinner?What image you you see when you sin?Jesus came to save us,We all are goin to stand befor God and we need Jesus to speak 4 us.Keep it simple .We all need to spent more time in prayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back