Need help choosing a middle name!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 105lynne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
1

105lynne

Guest
A couple i know needs help coming up with a middle name (preferably a saint’s name) for the name Melody. I like Melody Christina. Marie, Elizabeth, Grace and Anne are too overused for this couple’s taste and they want to steer clear of those. Suggestions?
 
If you are a true music lover, then Cecilia is the only logical choice!
 
A couple i know needs help coming up with a middle name (preferably a saint’s name) for the name Melody. I like Melody Christina. Marie, Elizabeth, Grace and Anne are too overused for this couple’s taste and they want to steer clear of those. Suggestions?
I suggest not naming the kid Melody!
 
Melody Renee (there should be an upwards accent over the ‘e’ jthat immediately follows the ‘n’ but I can’t figure out how to make it happen.😃 (or you could use the spelling Melody Renae).👍
My second choice is Melody Noelle.
 
+JMJ+

In the Philippines, the middle name is automatically the last name of the mother (it actually once boggled me that they don’t do it here in the US!). Maybe they’d like to do that?
 
How many syllables in the last name, and with which letter does the last name begin?

Yes, this stuff is important! 🙂
 
+JMJ+

In the Philippines, the middle name is automatically the last name of the mother (it actually once boggled me that they don’t do it here in the US!). Maybe they’d like to do that?
I literally laughed out loud at the thought of some poor baby girl with my last name as her middle name. Yikes! Double yikes! :eek: 🙂
 
A couple i know needs help coming up with a middle name (preferably a saint’s name) for the name Melody. I like Melody Christina. Marie, Elizabeth, Grace and Anne are too overused for this couple’s taste and they want to steer clear of those. Suggestions?
Find a first name with some substance?

sigh

Okay, try looking in the family tree. At least the middle name can have some weight. Catharine would be my choice. Wait. * Evangelista!* Yeah - that’s the ticket! Never mind. Um, last names make good middle names: Melody Andrews St John.
 
If a slightly unusual name is of interest, how about Emilia? It is a variant form of Emily, and St. Emelia was the mother of five other saints (including Basil the Great and Gregory of Nyssa)

Then again…Phaedra makes a good point:
How many syllables in the last name, and with which letter does the last name begin?

Yes, this stuff is important! 🙂
Yes, I agree! 👍
 
A couple i know needs help coming up with a middle name (preferably a saint’s name) for the name Melody. I like Melody Christina. Marie, Elizabeth, Grace and Anne are too overused for this couple’s taste and they want to steer clear of those. Suggestions?
I would suggest taking inspiration in the family tree. To be honest, It’s probably more meaningful than merely combining names that sound nice to the ear, and its an alternative genealogical track in the absence of a paper trail (one never knows what the future holds).
 
+JMJ+
I literally laughed out loud at the thought of some poor baby girl with my last name as her middle name. Yikes! Double yikes! :eek: 🙂
I’ve met someone who had a last name of “Saliva”. I doubt yours is worse than that 😛
 
I like the name Melody!! 🙂 For middle names: I like Rose and Elizabeth. I think Melody Marie is too many m’s lol.
Meh, its a sweet name for a young girl, but not for an adult. And it would be a little embarrassing if Melody couldn’t hold a tune when she grew up. But then again its not my kid! 🙂
 
+JMJ+

In the Philippines, the middle name is automatically the last name of the mother (it actually once boggled me that they don’t do it here in the US!). Maybe they’d like to do that?
It does happen here, but not as common as elsewhere. My cousin’s middle name is his mother’s maiden name. Usually, when it does happen, only one child gets the name.
 
A couple i know needs help coming up with a middle name (preferably a saint’s name) for the name Melody. I like Melody Christina. Marie, Elizabeth, Grace and Anne are too overused for this couple’s taste and they want to steer clear of those. Suggestions?
what ever name they choose please advise them to use a common spelling. I’ve seen some really weird spellings of pretty common names and all this does it make the poor kid have to constantly correct their name both spoken and written. It also opens them up for being teased.
 
I think “Melody” is beautiful. I like Melody Clare, Melody Therese, or Melody Catherine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top