Need help discering Gods will? Any advice appreciated

  • Thread starter Thread starter John_Russell_Jr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dear friend
Thanks for your advice and kind words. It’s funny how last night when I just decided to try the poverty thing my room mates were deciding to cancel the lease on the expensive house we rent. Good timing. Now I need affordable accomodation. A garage or granny flat would be good. I’ll ask around. I’m not detached from wealth completely yet but it felt great to be a lot more detached and to be poorer and to embrace that.

God bless and peace to you:thumbsup:🙂
That’s an amazing gift . . . You appear to be receiving many blessings right now. I LOVE to hear right now from someone who, while becoming poor, is embracing it and happy with it and the spiritual life available, because it is God’s will. I hear much more about how terrible poverty is, and I’ve seen people violently opposed to it, but seeing your faith and acceptance of less is beautiful and precious.
 
My dear friends

Thank you all for your encouragement and support. I must set the record straight though. I have never done anything good. I don’t say that in humility, but in truth. Whatever little good I do, please praise the one responsible and not me. Praise our Lady of Fatima. The only good I ever did was a fluke- I had a devotion to her.

God bless and peace to you all:thumbsup:🙂
 
i will keep your friend Mark in my prayers and i will continue to pray for you and everyone else here on caf. :grouphug:

God bless you and may the good Lord bless mark thomas and wash him in Grace.

:byzsoc:
Dear Jen

Thx for your prayers for Mark. I hope you get the update. I haven’t been on here so much lately because there is too much going on in my life at present. I’ll be fine though. Just a lot happening all at once.

Mark is not expected to last more than a few days now. I visited him with his brother last friday and when we got there he was asleep. He’s skin and bones eaten away by cancer. We prayed the divine mercy chaplet by his side then the rosary. He woke up during the rosary too. We prayed a few more prayers like Blessed St Michael and the guardian angel prayers and St Joseph’s memorare. Allan was trying to move his brother by telling him - there is heaven, Mark. Mark is on morphine and drugged and just mumbled ok a few times. We put a brown scapular around his neck too. A few mins later, after the prayers and then the scapular, I saw Mark open his eyes wide for a second , like he had a realisation. I think he was touched by grace in a big way because he said to Allan- I’ll see you in heaven, straight after that. He said it a few times. It was a sign that all worked - especially the divine mercy. The brown scapular was still on today I heard and a priest has given him the last rites. He practised but was not as strong as the pope you might say. So thx for your prayers. They helped a lot.

God bless and peace to you:thumbsup:🙂
 
Dear Jen

Thx for your prayers for Mark. I hope you get the update. I haven’t been on here so much lately because there is too much going on in my life at present. I’ll be fine though. Just a lot happening all at once.

Mark is not expected to last more than a few days now. I visited him with his brother last friday and when we got there he was asleep. He’s skin and bones eaten away by cancer. We prayed the divine mercy chaplet by his side then the rosary. He woke up during the rosary too. We prayed a few more prayers like Blessed St Michael and the guardian angel prayers and St Joseph’s memorare. Allan was trying to move his brother by telling him - there is heaven, Mark. Mark is on morphine and drugged and just mumbled ok a few times. We put a brown scapular around his neck too. A few mins later, after the prayers and then the scapular, I saw Mark open his eyes wide for a second , like he had a realisation. I think he was touched by grace in a big way because he said to Allan- I’ll see you in heaven, straight after that. He said it a few times. It was a sign that all worked - especially the divine mercy. The brown scapular was still on today I heard and a priest has given him the last rites. He practised but was not as strong as the pope you might say. So thx for your prayers. They helped a lot.

God bless and peace to you:thumbsup:🙂
i will keep praying for his soul. he is a blessed man to have so many people around him praying during his last days. i was very touched reading that. i hope that when my time comes it would be in such a beautiful way.

O God, great and omnipotent judge of the living and the dead, we are to appear before You after this short life to render an account of our works. Give us the grace to prepare for our last hour by a devout and holy life, and protect us against a sudden and unprovided death. Let us remember our frailty and mortality, that we may always live in the ways of Your commandments. Teach us to “watch and pray” (Luke 21, 36), that when Your summons comes for our departure from this world, we may go forth to meet You, experience a merciful judgment, and rejoice in everlasting happiness. We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.
 
i will keep praying for his soul. he is a blessed man to have so many people around him praying during his last days. i was very touched reading that. i hope that when my time comes it would be in such a beautiful way.

O God, great and omnipotent judge of the living and the dead, we are to appear before You after this short life to render an account of our works. Give us the grace to prepare for our last hour by a devout and holy life, and protect us against a sudden and unprovided death. Let us remember our frailty and mortality, that we may always live in the ways of Your commandments. Teach us to “watch and pray” (Luke 21, 36), that when Your summons comes for our departure from this world, we may go forth to meet You, experience a merciful judgment, and rejoice in everlasting happiness. We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.
Thank you dear Jen

You are a very goodand spiritual person. That’s how we all should be. Keep it up:thumbsup:

God bless you:)
John
 
Thank you dear Jen

You are a very goodand spiritual person. That’s how we all should be. Keep it up:thumbsup:

God bless you:)
John
no, usually i am a selfish jerk, but i do thank you for the kind words! 😃

keeping you and your friends in my prayers!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top