W
Willsfirecracke
Guest
A former co-worker and I have become really close. We have spent so much time together, and are really good friends… or so I thought.
She came to me about a week and a half ago, maybe 2 weeks, and told me she had something she needed to get off of her chest. “This will be a true test of your friendship, you cant tell anyone not even your DH” She then told me she is “in love” with my dad.
Just two days before this, I adamantly told my step-mom that there is no way in the world this could be. She has told me time and time again that she cant stand my dad.
My dad, told my step-mom a week before that, that he wants a divorce. My dad and this friend text each other and spend a lot of time together at work. (where they met)
Now comes the tricky part. I babysit for my friend and it is a good portion of our income. However, with everything going on I’m not sure if I should or not. I need to remove myself from the situation as much as possible for many reasons. First off, I don’t agree with what she is doing. She is ripping apart a family AND messing with a married man. Secondly, being silent and hanging out would in a way be telling her it is OK to behave like that. Third, it is hard to be there for my mom and support her, when I am doing, and spending so much time with her. And finally, it is just stressing me out and wearing me down. She has been out of town for the past few days, and my life seems to actually have order for the first time in a few months. I don’t even feel like I’m myself anymore.
Should I tell her that I am willing to babysit her kids, and only on a business level only? Or should I tell her that I cant babysit for her, or be friends? Is babysitting for her a way of enabling her to be with my dad?
She came to me about a week and a half ago, maybe 2 weeks, and told me she had something she needed to get off of her chest. “This will be a true test of your friendship, you cant tell anyone not even your DH” She then told me she is “in love” with my dad.
Now comes the tricky part. I babysit for my friend and it is a good portion of our income. However, with everything going on I’m not sure if I should or not. I need to remove myself from the situation as much as possible for many reasons. First off, I don’t agree with what she is doing. She is ripping apart a family AND messing with a married man. Secondly, being silent and hanging out would in a way be telling her it is OK to behave like that. Third, it is hard to be there for my mom and support her, when I am doing, and spending so much time with her. And finally, it is just stressing me out and wearing me down. She has been out of town for the past few days, and my life seems to actually have order for the first time in a few months. I don’t even feel like I’m myself anymore.
Should I tell her that I am willing to babysit her kids, and only on a business level only? Or should I tell her that I cant babysit for her, or be friends? Is babysitting for her a way of enabling her to be with my dad?