O
outfctrl
Guest
I am Catholic and my girlfriend is a Baptist. We got into this discussion last night about heaven and hell. I was completely blown away on what she believes. Help me out here.
She believes that once a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Savior, they automatically will go to heaven when they die no matter what they do.
So I said “If you commit a murder and you were saved 5 years ago, you automatically go to heaven?” She replied “Yes” Then I said “Oh, then you asked God his forgiveness for the crime you committed”. She said “You don’t have to, you were saved 5 years ago.”
I lost it. So, in other words, once you accept Jesus Christ as your savior as a Baptist, you can do whatever you want without atoning for your sins after you committed the crimes. You have an automatic entry into Heaven? She replied “Yes, Jesus died for our sins 2000 yrs ago and you do not have to do anything”. Now that is a messed up belief in my book.
I am a Catholic. I was baptisized at birth to get rid of Original sin
(Adam and Eve).
We commit a Mortal sin (say killing someone), we have to go to confession and ask God for his forgiveness through a priest. The priest then gives you a penance of prayers to do and most likely recommends you turn your self in to the authorities. Once we do our penance, we are forgiven, and if we died, we would go to heaven.
Bottom line is, Baptists can do what they want without remorse or asking forgiveness from God and still go to Heaven because Jesus died for our sins 2000 yrs ago? What a load of bull. I cannot believe that people think like this.
Any Baptists out there? This is driving me nuts! This cannot be the way they think.
She believes that once a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Savior, they automatically will go to heaven when they die no matter what they do.
So I said “If you commit a murder and you were saved 5 years ago, you automatically go to heaven?” She replied “Yes” Then I said “Oh, then you asked God his forgiveness for the crime you committed”. She said “You don’t have to, you were saved 5 years ago.”
I lost it. So, in other words, once you accept Jesus Christ as your savior as a Baptist, you can do whatever you want without atoning for your sins after you committed the crimes. You have an automatic entry into Heaven? She replied “Yes, Jesus died for our sins 2000 yrs ago and you do not have to do anything”. Now that is a messed up belief in my book.
I am a Catholic. I was baptisized at birth to get rid of Original sin
(Adam and Eve).
We commit a Mortal sin (say killing someone), we have to go to confession and ask God for his forgiveness through a priest. The priest then gives you a penance of prayers to do and most likely recommends you turn your self in to the authorities. Once we do our penance, we are forgiven, and if we died, we would go to heaven.
Bottom line is, Baptists can do what they want without remorse or asking forgiveness from God and still go to Heaven because Jesus died for our sins 2000 yrs ago? What a load of bull. I cannot believe that people think like this.
Any Baptists out there? This is driving me nuts! This cannot be the way they think.