J
joes12345
Guest
Hi All
I almost posted this in the “prayer intentions” section of the forum but after reading there about people with REAL problems I felt guilty. So I’ll post it here.
I am so depressed and feel I can’t take it any longer. My wife is such a slob and hoarder that I can’t function in my home life anymore. She’s not as bad as some of the people you see on TV with this problem (Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc) but really darn close. It’s really unbelievably hard to live with. I can’t even think straight anymore. The clutter and confusion has me so aggravated, mad, depressed. We’ve fought about this for years but it’s just getting worse and worse. I clean constantly but it’s like a water pistol against a tidal wave. She actually gets mad at me for trying to implement better storage arrangements like using laundry baskets. Can you imagine? Every little thing I need gets buried under a pile of clutter within hours of placing it. I waste so much precious time just looking for stuff you wouldn’t believe it.
I especially feel bad for our young kids. They’re growing up in this filthy disgusting home.
She lets the house go to complete filth with clothes and clutter everywhere until company is planned to come over. Then she changes mood and cleans like crazy – and expects me to drop whatever I’m doing and help her. So it ends up I do all the normal cleaning that usually a couple shares while all she does is clean up messes that should never have been made in the first place. She even has called in sick from work for 3 days in a row to clean when she knows people are coming over. However if I ask for a few minutes to help me organize one of the thousand messes here I get nothing but snippy remarks about how she’s so busy. She is busy but she’s been like this long before our lives were complicated with kids and their activities. I mean does it take any longer to throw garbage in the garbage pail than throw it on the floor?
I’ve tried talking, arguing, threatening divorce and even got on my knees in tears one day begging for her to stop this destructive behavior. Nothing helps.
Maybe I’m just venting but I need to. Let me explain.
After a fit of self-contained rage this morning I stared watching Joyce Meyers. I know, I know, not Catholic but I don’t mind that as much as some people here do. I believe the verse “no eye has seen, no ear has heard what God has in store for those who love him.” That’s not only us Catholics. I may have botched the verse a little but I don’t have time to look up the exact wording. Anyway, Joyce started talking about family members driving you crazy in situations such as mine. It seemed such a coincidence that I feel it was the Lord who inspired me to watch this morning rather than cleaning something.
The gist of her message was that we can’t change our loved ones or family members. God has to do it. I have to have faith that things will get better and just lift the problem to Jesus in prayer. So I did. In faith I’m awaiting his help.
So, like I said I just badly needed to vent a little. But any words of faith, hope and love you can send me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all for reading my thread.
Lord, pleae help me to remain in the prayerful mentality I was this morning regarding this and help me overcome the desire to rage.
I almost posted this in the “prayer intentions” section of the forum but after reading there about people with REAL problems I felt guilty. So I’ll post it here.
I am so depressed and feel I can’t take it any longer. My wife is such a slob and hoarder that I can’t function in my home life anymore. She’s not as bad as some of the people you see on TV with this problem (Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc) but really darn close. It’s really unbelievably hard to live with. I can’t even think straight anymore. The clutter and confusion has me so aggravated, mad, depressed. We’ve fought about this for years but it’s just getting worse and worse. I clean constantly but it’s like a water pistol against a tidal wave. She actually gets mad at me for trying to implement better storage arrangements like using laundry baskets. Can you imagine? Every little thing I need gets buried under a pile of clutter within hours of placing it. I waste so much precious time just looking for stuff you wouldn’t believe it.
I especially feel bad for our young kids. They’re growing up in this filthy disgusting home.
She lets the house go to complete filth with clothes and clutter everywhere until company is planned to come over. Then she changes mood and cleans like crazy – and expects me to drop whatever I’m doing and help her. So it ends up I do all the normal cleaning that usually a couple shares while all she does is clean up messes that should never have been made in the first place. She even has called in sick from work for 3 days in a row to clean when she knows people are coming over. However if I ask for a few minutes to help me organize one of the thousand messes here I get nothing but snippy remarks about how she’s so busy. She is busy but she’s been like this long before our lives were complicated with kids and their activities. I mean does it take any longer to throw garbage in the garbage pail than throw it on the floor?
I’ve tried talking, arguing, threatening divorce and even got on my knees in tears one day begging for her to stop this destructive behavior. Nothing helps.
Maybe I’m just venting but I need to. Let me explain.
After a fit of self-contained rage this morning I stared watching Joyce Meyers. I know, I know, not Catholic but I don’t mind that as much as some people here do. I believe the verse “no eye has seen, no ear has heard what God has in store for those who love him.” That’s not only us Catholics. I may have botched the verse a little but I don’t have time to look up the exact wording. Anyway, Joyce started talking about family members driving you crazy in situations such as mine. It seemed such a coincidence that I feel it was the Lord who inspired me to watch this morning rather than cleaning something.
The gist of her message was that we can’t change our loved ones or family members. God has to do it. I have to have faith that things will get better and just lift the problem to Jesus in prayer. So I did. In faith I’m awaiting his help.
So, like I said I just badly needed to vent a little. But any words of faith, hope and love you can send me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all for reading my thread.
Lord, pleae help me to remain in the prayerful mentality I was this morning regarding this and help me overcome the desire to rage.