Need help refuting an argument against Papal Infallibility

  • Thread starter Thread starter JacobHarrison
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahweh wasn’t the top dog when he first appeared in the Semetic Pantheon. You’ve only to look to Genesis and the two creation stories therein and observe that it was Elohim and El Adonai in the original hebrew (Not Yahweh) who were hailed as the Henotheistic deity of Abraham.
While El is the name of the head of the Canaanite pantheon, it is also a Semitic term for any god, so the Israelites often referred to their God as El.

The Bible mentions many times when the Israelites disobeyed God and made idols to false gods such as Baal, so archeological evidence of polytheism in ancient Israel shows this.
In either case, does it make sense to you that a finite crime deserves an infinite punishment?
I already explained that every sin is an infinite crime because it is against an infinite being.
But that begs the question; if Jesus could not have been born of a woman tainted by original sin, why was it okay for Mary to have been born of a woman born of original sin?
Because she is not God.
 
If Satan invented evil rather than God, there’s something in this world God didn’t invent and doesn’t have control over.
God gave Satan free will and therefore allowed him to invent evil but plans to eventually defeat him.
Information of a force or concept that didn’t exist until humans let it into the world? He had information of something that didn’t exist yet?
The concept did exist because it was already invented by Satan.

As for your last comments, God has free will but chooses to be good. While there are exceptions to the fifth commandment, my point is that in general murder is wrong which we agree upon. I am saying that since we have free will, we can commit murder but we don’t to demonstrate that God chooses not to commit evil even though he is capable.
 
ftron’s posts here are gone. Did he get banned? If so, banning him is a cowardly thing to do. I thought this site allows for non Catholics to debate with Catholics.
 
If ftron was banned, it wasn’t because he was non-Catholic. We have dozens of other non-Catholics posting regularly on here, including Protestants, Jews, Muslims and at least two atheists, and many have been posting here for years. He may have violated the terms of service somehow.
 
Where would like me to start the list is long
Honestly that is such unhelpful, attention-seeking answer that I simply have no idea what do you mean to accomplish by it.

Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom isn’t same today as it was when St. John Chrysostom was alive either. Catholic Mass of today is very close to what we know of Early Church (perhaps beside versus populum but ad orientem was not exactly mandated either and officially Catholic Mass is still supposed to be Ad Orientem and have incense but exceptions are allowed and became the norm). Orthodox Church you belong to also clarified dogmas as Catholic Church did but currently Orthodoxy is too divided and cannot call Ecumenical Council and define what is needed (only Catholic Church can and did call Ecumenical Councils). Just look at the schism in Orthodoxy that stems from lack of authority and phyletism (national influences on Church). You’d do well not to thrashtalk Our Church with false facts or polemical responses if you do not mean to face hard truth.
 
Last edited:
Pope Pius XII encyclical Mediator Dei in section 62 condemned the use if a primitive table form. You may want to look more closely at this document. When I have time I will answer your statement.
 
As a response to your comment on God’s free will by His Divine Nature, I would suggest that free will, by itself, does not have to include evil choices. It is because of this that God cannot choose to do evil.
 
I was a Traditionalist Catholic attending a Latin Mass in Boston when I decided to visit the Cathedral of the Holy Cross in South Boston. When I walk in I had found Fr Fredrick Murphy who would run both Holy Trinity and the Cathedral in Boston. I started talking with him when a Novus Ordo Nun from your Church had come over, then Father introduce me to her as a member of his Latin Mass community and then she said ( OH! ONE OF THEM) and a rather angry tone, that was the last straw with the Catholic Church It was at that point I was no longer part of the Roman Church I just quit going and never ever would return to this religion never ever again. There is more but even this will say much and to the point.
Wow, really rough treatment by the Church. You were lucky to get away from that nun without singed clothes and still possessing all of your fingers.

For fun you should read up on how Eastern Orthodoxy handled its traditionalists.

Peace and God bless!
 
Last edited:
The Bishop of the Catholic couldn’t stand the Idea that President Ronald Reagan was elected with 59% of the Catholic vote during 1980s election against President Jimmy Carter my family and I voted for President Ronald Reagan.
ugh what does that even have to do with Church… I mean this is completely off the topic, opinion of one Bishop on politics is not binding… ugh.

Last straw was getting criticized by a nun? Your attention towards Novus Ordo seems very flawed too, and while I do not defend Nun’s criticism leaving Church of Christ for that is a sign of weak faith.
I would never ever consider ever returning not even if my life depended on it.
Even if your soul did? Not saying it does, but is not following Christ a bit more important than your own feelings towards forms of Mass OR criticism of certain people in the Church? I guess your problems are solved in Orthodox Church as it is very uniform, but leaving Church because of those reasons or converting because of this seems weird, but it’s all your choice. Thrash talking Church because of this seems very flawed.

You are playing a victim instead of actually doing something beneficial while disregarding historical facts about Orthodoxy and Catholicism themselves. I understand when people convert because of sincere belief, but because one Nun said something in wrong tone or one Bishop declared his opinion on politics… hate you have for Catholic Church seems to have no good reason.
 
Last edited:
At least you didn’t say I lied, all is the truth it your church’s history not one part was a error. You proved one thing to me that is the Orthodox Christian Church is the one true faith and religion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top