K
kardon777
Guest
After presenting Rev. 6:29 as evidence to a Protestant that the dead are alive in heaven, I was informed by him that Rev. 6:29 is “mediforical.” 
What do I say to that one??
What do I say to that one??
Sorry if I got it wrong. It’s the one about the 24 elders. I’ll go look it up as soon as I get a free minute.Revelation 6:29?
Is this a typo perhaps and you are referring to a different verse?
Hi,And you can also cite Elijah and Moses talking to Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration. Both would have been coming from heaven, one had definitely died, Moses, and Elijah had been taken up. (Which also shows that the Assumption of Mary isn’t an isolated event.)
AllForHim… Elijah was taken up…then came back to us (spiritually, not physically) as John the Baptist. Jesus tells us this in Matt 11:11-14Hi,
Im not sure about Elijah but Moses was not taken up. Dueteronomy 34: 5-6![]()
Hi,AllForHim… Elijah was taken up…then came back to us (spiritually, not physically) as John the Baptist. Jesus tells us this in Matt 11:11-14
11 “Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 “From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. 13 “For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 “And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come.
Did you mean
Rev 6
9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
What is the metaphore? I don’t see it.
Nor do I. To establish something in the Bible as a metaphor, you have to be able to show a couple of things: A) that the same statement was clearly used as a metaphor elsewhere in the Bible, or B) that the statement is impossible unless it is taken metaphorically.Did you mean
Rev 6
9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
What is the metaphore? I don’t see it.
Mostly cows and sheep.What is the metaphore? I don’t see it.
Yes… and the cool thing is that John the Baptist started his ministry in the exact spot that Elijah disappeared from…Hi,
Yes thank you. I actually found the Scripture about Elijah taken up by the chariot of fir(or something like that)![]()
Ive never heard that before cool:thumbsup:Yes… and the cool thing is that John the Baptist started his ministry in the exact spot that Elijah disappeared from…
A metaphor can also be implicit, as in Shakespeare’s Sonnet LXXIII, where old age is indicated by a description of autumn:“All the world’s a stage.”
A dead metaphor, such as “the arm” of a chair, is one that has become so common that it is no longer considered a metaphor.That time of year thou mayst in me behold
Where yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,
Bare ruined choirs, where once the sweet birds sang.