Needing the Lord's help

  • Thread starter Thread starter JaredR
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JaredR

Guest
Please pray that I will make it to confession tomorrow, and that I will not be hindered by panic and anxiety. I feel so pathetic. I’ve tried to go to confession weekend after weekend, but I’m overwhelmed by my feelings and I “shut down” rather than go.

I need the Lord to carry me there because I can’t do it myself. 😦
 
I feel the same way. Please pray for me as well. By the grace of God we will both be at the communion rail on Sunday morning. God wants us to seek forgiveness and be absolved. The paralyzing shame and anxiety that make us feel pathetic and keep us from the sacraments are not of God but of satan.

Peace
 
Sometimes I wish it was like in movies where you just wander into a Church and there is Father Murphy behind the screen. That way when I feel so motivated I could just wander over. As it is my parish priest may be not be thrilled at me knocking on the rectory door at 2AM. What we need is an urgent care clinic for the soul. It would be staffed from 9PM until 6AM by a night-owl priest. I guess I will just need to hold on until 2PM on Tomorrow.
 
People, say you are a parent and you tell your kid not to climb the fence and go in the neighbor’s yard. He gets tempted 'cuz they have a really neat fast car parked in the yard, and your kid really wants to check it out. So, he goes over the fence, and in the process, cuts his hand down through the tendons and muscles. He did wrong, and now needs help badly. If he doesn’t get help, he will lose the use of his hand. But he did wrong,and now doesn’t want to face you, so he hides.
Wouldn’t you feel hurt that in his time of need, he doesn’t trust or feel he can come to you with anything? Wouldn’t you, as his parent, do all in your power to fix what can be fixed, and do the best you can to aid your child?
Think of God as your father. He loves you so much, and he is there waiting for you with open arms.Trust Him to take care of you and to aid you in any way He can. But you have to go to Him, God will never force one of His children to do anything, you have to invite Him into you. Go to the one that loves you more than anyone ever has, or ever will. Go to Him, he has been waiting a long time for you.
 
Please pray that I will make it to confession tomorrow, and that I will not be hindered by panic and anxiety. I feel so pathetic. I’ve tried to go to confession weekend after weekend, but I’m overwhelmed by my feelings and I “shut down” rather than go.

I need the Lord to carry me there because I can’t do it myself. 😦
Dear Father, Son and Holy Spirit please lead Jared to confession, give him the courage and strength to go to his church and to confess his sins. Grant him your grace to make a sincere confession and bless him for going. Amen. Grant him calm and make him realize that the priest has heard it all before - hundreds of times - and won’t be thinking badly of him. Jesus be there in the confessional to help him. An Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be and a Fatima prayer for Jared.
 
**I have mild Schizophrenia witch causes me anxiety and paranoia.
So I go to confession once a month by appointment.
I will pray for you to have courage.

**
 
people, say you are a parent and you tell your kid not to climb the fence and go in the neighbor’s yard. He gets tempted 'cuz they have a really neat fast car parked in the yard, and your kid really wants to check it out. So, he goes over the fence, and in the process, cuts his hand down through the tendons and muscles. He did wrong, and now needs help badly. If he doesn’t get help, he will lose the use of his hand. But he did wrong,and now doesn’t want to face you, so he hides.
Wouldn’t you feel hurt that in his time of need, he doesn’t trust or feel he can come to you with anything? Wouldn’t you, as his parent, do all in your power to fix what can be fixed, and do the best you can to aid your child?
Think of god as your father. He loves you so much, and he is there waiting for you with open arms.trust him to take care of you and to aid you in any way he can. But you have to go to him, god will never force one of his children to do anything, you have to invite him into you. Go to the one that loves you more than anyone ever has, or ever will. Go to him, he has been waiting a long time for you.
Amen !
:signofcross:
 
Holy Mother Mary with the angels and the archangels guide Jared’s way, Protect him from the enemy who is trying to keep him from God’s grace. Hear our prayers and increase Jared’s faith

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
 
I went! My anxiety was manageable enough that I could go, and I attribute that to your prayers and the Lord’s help. 🙂

Thank you everyone!
 
People, say you are a parent and you tell your kid not to climb the fence and go in the neighbor’s yard. He gets tempted 'cuz they have a really neat fast car parked in the yard, and your kid really wants to check it out. So, he goes over the fence, and in the process, cuts his hand down through the tendons and muscles. He did wrong, and now needs help badly. If he doesn’t get help, he will lose the use of his hand. But he did wrong,and now doesn’t want to face you, so he hides.
Wouldn’t you feel hurt that in his time of need, he doesn’t trust or feel he can come to you with anything? Wouldn’t you, as his parent, do all in your power to fix what can be fixed, and do the best you can to aid your child?
Think of God as your father. He loves you so much, and he is there waiting for you with open arms.Trust Him to take care of you and to aid you in any way He can. But you have to go to Him, God will never force one of His children to do anything, you have to invite Him into you. Go to the one that loves you more than anyone ever has, or ever will. Go to Him, he has been waiting a long time for you.
Lord, hear our prayer.
 
***Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

 
Holy Mother Mary we thank God for Jared’s ability to receive the sacrament again. Please grant that the angels remain with him and help him always to turn to God in times of need

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
 
***Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

 
Holy Mother Mary we pray that Jared will continue to be able to receive all of the sacraments and find union with God

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
 
***Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen. ***
 
***Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

 
**Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

**
 
Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top