New age deception

  • Thread starter Thread starter TrueFaithSeeker
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TrueFaithSeeker

Guest
Here is a good website:

newagedeception.com/

It’s sad how popular new age is becoming. I can’t believe that the new age books are in spirituality section of Barns and Nobles.
 
Why can’t you believe it? New Age has a lot to do with spirituality and nature and all that other hippie-like stuff. 🙂

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood
 
It’s popular because it is so easy to buy into, but it is truly false.
 
Why can’t you believe it? New Age has a lot to do with spirituality and nature and all that other hippie-like stuff. 🙂

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood
Blade and Blood you are exactly right!

“New Age” is really the same old garbage that the Devil feeds us. We only want, to do the fun stuff, the fun stuff sells.

The difficult things like self-sacrifice and overcoming fear and doubt are the real tests of our worth.

Will we fall for the lies, or will we give everything for the Truth of Jesus Christ, no matter what the cost? That is the question.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

Mark
 
Blade and Blood you are exactly right!

“New Age” is really the same old garbage that the Devil feeds us. We only want, to do the fun stuff, the fun stuff sells.

The difficult things like self-sacrifice and overcoming fear and doubt are the real tests of our worth.

Will we fall for the lies, or will we give everything for the Truth of Jesus Christ, no matter what the cost? That is the question.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

Mark
I think you may have misunderstood. :o Now, I’m no fan of New Age, but I absolutely do not think it’s garbage. :eek: A lot of the New Age stuff really does benefit the people who take a liking to it. 🙂 According to a friend of mine who is into the New Age books, it’s cleansing to the mind, body, and soul. 🤷

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood
 
I think you may have misunderstood. :o Now, I’m no fan of New Age, but I absolutely do not think it’s garbage. :eek: A lot of the New Age stuff really does benefit the people who take a liking to it. 🙂 According to a friend of mine who is into the New Age books, it’s cleansing to the mind, body, and soul. 🤷

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood
New Age IS garbage!

I recommend a book called Catholics and the New Age by Father Mitch Pacwa.
 
New Age IS garbage!

I recommend a book called Catholics and the New Age by Father Mitch Pacwa.
If that’s your opinion, then so be it, but it’s not wise or kind to call any literary genre “garbage.” I could easily confide in you that I think the “Religious” section of the libraries and bookstores should be merged with, or at least right next to, the “Supernatural/Occult.” But, I would not admit to that because it’s not wise and it’s not kind.

Plus, it’s only fair. 🤷

Ironically Yours. ❤️
 
If that’s your opinion, then so be it, but it’s not wise or kind to call any literary genre “garbage.” I could easily confide in you that I think the “Religious” section of the libraries and bookstores should be merged with, or at least right next to, the “Supernatural/Occult.” But, I would not admit to that because it’s not wise and it’s not kind.

Plus, it’s only fair. 🤷

Ironically Yours. ❤️
Since when was New Age a “literary genre”? It is a false movement to lead people away from Christ.
 
New age is garbage but it usually at least involves a person who’s open to the supernatural rather than being anti-supernatural/materialist oriented like so many today and there’s often a sincere desire to know truth behind it all. I’ve known people who’ve converted from those beliefs to a strong faith in God, so long as they were willing to keep seeking.
 
Oh boy…

I got into New Age stuff… thankfully, God had other plans for me and brought me back.
 
There is probably a shelf for Islam or Buddhism too but that does not make them literary genres. They are false religions.
New Age is a movement which is anti-Christian.
Not exactly. New Age isn’t Anti-Christian; it’s very spiritual and soul-centered. I know you see it as “competition,” but that doesn’t make it anti-Christian.
 
Not exactly. New Age isn’t Anti-Christian; it’s very spiritual and soul-centered. I know you see it as “competition,” but that doesn’t make it anti-Christian.
It is a false movement that takes people away from Christ. Christianity and New Age are incompatible.
 
Not exactly. New Age isn’t Anti-Christian; it’s very spiritual and soul-centered. I know you see it as “competition,” but that doesn’t make it anti-Christian.
Of course it’s anti-Christian - it denies the divinity of Jesus Christ. To me that’s anti-Christian!!!
 
It is a false movement that takes people away from Christ. Christianity and New Age are incompatible.
No, it’s just enlightening to many people. For some strange reason, a lot of people are beginning to see Christianity as–well, “outdated.” :coffeeread:

There’s really no such thing as a false movement. You can prove it’s there. 😉 But, of course, there are movements that many don’t agree with: Some movements have outlived their stay; others are just plain ridiculous; and even more are yet to come. There is really no way to get rid of the belief of many people or that “spiritual” craving of several–well, you discredit and tell them they are wrong in their path or beliefs, but that will just make you *and *your religion look bad. 🤷 You’re right in suggesting incompatibility between certain paths, but that doesn’t make either true.

Sorry for rambling. It’s just my two cents. 😛
 
No, it’s just enlightening to many people. For some strange reason, a lot of people are beginning to see Christianity as–well, “outdated.” :coffeeread:

There’s really no such thing as a false movement. You can prove it’s there. 😉 But, of course, there are movements that many don’t agree with: Some movements have outlived their stay; others are just plain ridiculous; and even more are yet to come. There is really no way to get rid of the belief of many people or that “spiritual” craving of several–well, you discredit and tell them they are wrong in their path or beliefs, but that will just make you *and *your religion look bad. 🤷 You’re right in suggesting incompatibility between certain paths, but that doesn’t make either true.

Sorry for rambling. It’s just my two cents. 😛
Over 30 years ago I thought Christianity was outdated and new age was cool. It took me a awhile to realize that Christianity was timeless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top