• Thread starter Thread starter Beaver
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beaver

Dear Friend of Catholic Exchange,
Code:
 As you read these words, our Catholic brothers and  sisters in China are in dire need of our help! 

So please  give this message your immediate and very urgent attention. (And also,  please be sure to read about the special thank-you gift I’m holding for you.)
New and MAJOR threat to Catholics in China
Code:
 I’ve received a message from the Catholic  Exchange editor in Communist China – a message that absolutely *stunned*  me.
You see, in addition to ruthless Communist persecution of Catholics in some parts of China, a new, ugly threat to the Church has surfaced. It’s a pagan, materialistic sect calling itself “Eastern Lightning.” And the #1 target of this sect is the Underground Catholic Church in China.
Code:
 Please let me tell you more about this new and potentially  *devastating* attack on our Catholic brothers and sisters in China.
Doing the Communists’ dirty work

This Catholic-hating sect – the “Eastern Lightning” – sometimes resorts to violence against Catholics, just as the Communists do.
Code:
 But “Eastern Lightning” also *viciously* attacks the Catholic Bible and have in fact have created a phony, 600-page “Bible” of their own which they use to spread false “teachings” aimed at getting Catholics to abandon the Church. 

And since few Catholics in  China have knowledge of Scripture, they are *extremely* vulnerable to  teachings of the “Eastern Lightning” sect. 

Just take a look at  some of the false “teachings” used to undermine the faith of Catholics in China  . . .
• Using their phony “Bible,” the “Eastern Lightning” sect tells Chinese Catholics that God has returned to earth – for the third time – and this time, in the form of a woman
Code:
 • This anti-Catholic  sect *aggressively* attacks the Catholic belief in the Trinity, claiming  there is no Father and no Holy Spirit, only Jesus

• “Eastern  Lightning” discourages prayer of any kind 

• In addition to all  that, these anti-Catholics use their phony “Bible” as proof that Christ did  not suffer and die for us and our salvation! 

And as I said,  very few Catholics in China have knowledge of the Bible, so they are often  powerless to argue with the Catholic-haters in the “Eastern Lightning”  sect!
Convent attacked, forced to close
As I mentioned, the “Eastern Lightning” sect resorts to violence aimed at Catholics, just as the Chinese Communists do.

When I read the urgent message from our Catholic Exchange editor in China, I learned to my horror that this Catholic-hating sect has just attacked a convent there, forcing the sisters to flee.
Code:
 But there’s more to  this frightening story, and it’s even worse . . .
Some Nuns giving up vocations
Alarmed, some of the sisters in the convent attacked by “Eastern Lightning” have actually given up their vocations.
Code:
 Another of the nuns – *terrified* by “Eastern Lightning”  violence – now hides in the home a sympathetic layperson, posing as a maid.  

My dear friend, these are heart-breaking stories – and incredible  as they seem, they are all true!
Chinese bishop speaks out forcefully
Here’s what a bishop in China’s Underground Catholic Church says about groups like “Eastern Lightning” . . .

“I’m not scared of the Communists because they will only arouse the religious enthusiasm of Catholics. But pagans (like “Eastern Lightning”) and materialism will really ruin the Church.”
Code:
 *That’s* how serious  this threat is to the Church in China!

Continued…

What you and I must do – now!

Aiding and educating our Catholic brothers and sisters in China has long been a major, ongoing project for Catholic Exchange. But now, rushing to the aid of the Church in China must receive an even higher priority!

Our Catholic Exchange editor in China says in his urgent plea for more help, “If Catholics have any knowledge about the Bible, they can debunk the (Eastern Lightning) swindle easily.”

But sadly, as I said, Catholics in China have little knowledge of the Bible – and that’s why Catholic Exchange is going to double and re-double its distribution of Bible study materials in China.
Code:
 Immediately, we must translate, print and distribute even  more Catholic Exchange educational material – especially our Bible studies. This will help Catholics in China stand up to the phony “Bible” and arguments of Catholic-haters in the “Eastern Lightning” sect.
Somehow, right now, Catholic Exchange must raise $50,000 to rush to the aid of our Catholic brothers and sisters as they try to stand up to these frightening attacks by “Eastern Lightning.”

Will you rush to the aid of our Catholic brothers and sisters in Communist China?

Will you help with an urgently-needed gift of $5,000 . . . $2,500 . . . $1,000 . . . $500 . . . $250 . . . $100 . . . $50 . . . or $40? And will you do it now because the need is so critical?

How to send your urgently-needed support
Code:
 1.) The easiest and fastest way to send  your tax-deductible gift is to [click  here](http://www.catholicexchange.com/lt/lt.asp?ltID=1124) and send your help online, using your credit card. And sending your  gift online is completely secure.
2.) Another way to rush your tax-deductible gift is to call us toll free at 1-888-477-1982. We’ll take your credit card information right over the phone.

3.) And of course you can mail your tax-deductible gift. The Catholic Exchange postal address is P.O. Box 231823, Encinitas, CA 92023.
Code:
 Again, we must raise  $50,000 to *rush* to the aid of our Catholic brothers and sisters in China.  

The need is extremely urgent and we must have gifts of $5,000 . . . $2,500 . . . $1,000 . . . $500 . . . $250 . . . $100 . . . $50 . . . and $40. So right now, please [click  here](http://www.catholicexchange.com/lt/lt.asp?ltID=1124) to rush your gift!
Our small way of thanking you

To thank you for your gift of $50 or more, we’d like to send you a copy of “Stations of the Cross – Walking the Way of the Cross with Jesus.”
Code:
 Your copy of this guide to the Stations of the Cross  includes . . . 

• Powerful, unforgettable text describing our  Lord’s redemptive suffering 

• Moving prayers for each of the  Stations 

• And riveting, full-color art depicting each of  the Stations 

This essential guide to the Stations of the Cross is one you’ll use over and over again. Without any doubt, this is a guide you’ll want to share with other members of your family. 

It’s not an exaggeration to say that “Stations of the Cross – Walking the way of the Cross with Jesus” is one of the most important publications any Catholic can have!
And remember, praying the Stations of the Cross is not reserved only for Lent. In fact, as often as you can, any day of the year is the right time to walk the way of the Cross with Jesus!

May I send you “Stations of the Cross – Walking the Way of the Cross with Jesus” as a thank-you gift for your urgently-needed support of $50 or more?
Code:
 One last note  . . .
Our Catholic brothers and sisters in China are under a nightmare attack from this anti-Catholic group called the “Eastern Lightning” – and this is in addition to their suffering at the hands of their Communist leaders. Our fellow Catholics in China need our help right now!

So whether your tax-deductible gift is $5,000 . . . $2,500 . . . $1,000 . . . $500 . . . $250 . . . $100 . . . $50 . . . $40 or some other amount, it is needed immediately – and all you have to do is click here now.

Yours in defense of our persecuted
Catholic brothers and sisters in China,

Tom Allen
Editor & President​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back