New Bishops for Columbus, Grand Island, and Harrisburg!

• Thread starter Thread starter davidc2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davidc2

This morning the following changes were announced for the US:
  • Bishop James Anthony Griffin resigned and Bishop Frederick Francis Campbell was named Bishop of Columbus, OH, USA. Bishop Campbell had previously been serving as Auxiliary Bishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis, MN, USA.
  • Bishop Lawrence James McNamara retired and William J. Dendinger was named Bishop of Grand Island, NE, USA. Bishop-elect Dendinger was previously serving as a priest in the Archdiocese of Omaha, NE, USA.
  • Kevin Carl Rhoades was named Bishop of Harrisburg, PA, USA. He had previously served as a priest of the same diocese. The diocese had been without a bishop since Bishop Nicholas Carmen Dattilo died this past March.

Thank God! We have been waiting for quite a while here in Harrisburg. I can only hope that he will be as faithful to the Magesterium as Bishop Datillo. Hopefully, he will also bring the permanent Diaconate back to the Diocese.

I think the folks in Harrisburg will be pleased. At least the orthodox ones. Rhodes is a good priest and solidly orthodox.

40.png
cestusdei:
I think the folks in Harrisburg will be pleased. At least the orthodox ones. Rhodes is a good priest and solidly orthodox.
That makes me even happier! Thanks Cestusdei. It almost feels like my birthday today.

We haven’t heard this yet in the Grand Island Diocese. Hope it’s right, as Bishop McNamara’s health is not good. We’ll be waiting for confirmation of this news!

For those who don’t know, David is the proprietor and builder of the Catholic Hierarchy website, a truly outstanding resource, and just plain fun. Go there!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back