N
new_wife
Guest
I love browsing the threads, but I have yet to find discussion on the following topic:
I am newly married for a few months and am still a real “keener” on being the “good Catholic wife”. As I’m sure most people do, I feel like I am juggling so many roles: Christian, wife, student (in my case)…maybe some also add mother or homemaker or professional (or ?) to that list. Housekeeping, menu, to-do lists on the internet have been my saving grace to staying organized, but I want to hear what you think or resources you have, whether it be about pleasing God and your husband, running a home, or the like. There is so much engagement preparation out there, but you’re kind of let loose after you’re married.
I take a lot of my direction from how my mom’s role while I grew up, but I’m also interested to see what everyone else does or has done. And I understand that everyone is very different in their approaches…for example, I will be a working professional in a year, but I still love the idea of having the traditional roles of wife and husband in the home. I hope the responses stay fair in respecting that women see their vocation lived out in so many different ways…
I am newly married for a few months and am still a real “keener” on being the “good Catholic wife”. As I’m sure most people do, I feel like I am juggling so many roles: Christian, wife, student (in my case)…maybe some also add mother or homemaker or professional (or ?) to that list. Housekeeping, menu, to-do lists on the internet have been my saving grace to staying organized, but I want to hear what you think or resources you have, whether it be about pleasing God and your husband, running a home, or the like. There is so much engagement preparation out there, but you’re kind of let loose after you’re married.
I take a lot of my direction from how my mom’s role while I grew up, but I’m also interested to see what everyone else does or has done. And I understand that everyone is very different in their approaches…for example, I will be a working professional in a year, but I still love the idea of having the traditional roles of wife and husband in the home. I hope the responses stay fair in respecting that women see their vocation lived out in so many different ways…