New Dollar Coin sans "In God We Trust"

  • Thread starter Thread starter TexCatholic4JMJ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TexCatholic4JMJ

Guest
I heard this morning that the new dollar coins do not have “In God We Trust” This is the
first I heard of it, but one of the things I plan to do is not accept them in change, etc.
Anyone else heard of this? Any suggestions as to what we can do to discourage their
production? I know it is because of the many machines,tolls,etc that now use quarters but
they would have worked as well with the words “In God We Trust”----maybe better.😉
 
Check your facts before you get upset. If I recall correctly, the words, “In God We Trust” will appear on the edge of the coin instead of one of the faces.

Betsy
 
snopes dot com should clear up urban legends for anyone who is interested.
 
I heard this morning that the new dollar coins do not have “In God We Trust” This is the
first I heard of it, but one of the things I plan to do is not accept them in change, etc.
Anyone else heard of this? Any suggestions as to what we can do to discourage their
production? I know it is because of the many machines,tolls,etc that now use quarters but
they would have worked as well with the words “In God We Trust”----maybe better.😉
Whoever told you this is simply wrong.

The newer coins have “In God We Trust” on the face of the coin. See http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/index.cfm?action=$1coinFlash&flash=yes for an example.

The older coins had it on the edge.
 
snopes dot com should clear up urban legends for anyone who is interested.
I love that website! It’s a great detector of what’s real and not real.

Pun intended-God help us if this is true.
 
Sorry,sorry, sorry. Yes, I have now heard that it is along the edge. Previous poster
mentions that it is on the face. I hope the latter is true, since I don’t know if I would
notice it on the edge (and would it not wear out faster there?).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top