B
Benay
Guest
There is a new English translation of the Bible that I find disturbing. Evidently some Catholic theologians/Biblical scholars contributed to this translation. See
catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=11424
What I found disturbing, among other things, is that in the story of Genesis, Adam is referred to as a “human person” but Eve was referred to as a “female.” Once again, women are reduced to second class citizens by not being acknowledged as being fully human.
In the 20th Century, Canada decreed that females were indeed “human” and therefore had the right to vote. Evidently Biblical scholars, including Catholic Biblial scholars, do not agree with Canada.
This translation also changes Jesus designation from “The Son of Man” to “The Son of Human.”
Personally, I find this kind of translation ridiculous and hope it is universally banned by the national Bishops conferences and the Catholic participants in this translation be corrected.
catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=11424
What I found disturbing, among other things, is that in the story of Genesis, Adam is referred to as a “human person” but Eve was referred to as a “female.” Once again, women are reduced to second class citizens by not being acknowledged as being fully human.
In the 20th Century, Canada decreed that females were indeed “human” and therefore had the right to vote. Evidently Biblical scholars, including Catholic Biblial scholars, do not agree with Canada.
This translation also changes Jesus designation from “The Son of Man” to “The Son of Human.”
Personally, I find this kind of translation ridiculous and hope it is universally banned by the national Bishops conferences and the Catholic participants in this translation be corrected.