D
D0UBTFIRE
Guest
I need help making new friends. I either forgot how to or I don’t have the time. All of my friends from the past are now just acquaintances mainly due to distance, motherhood and having nothing in common anymore. I find it hard to hold a friendship together with a person who is opposite of me, and it’s easier to find a pro-abortion homosexualists than it is to find a Catholic christian who takes God seriously, atleast in my age range (25). The ones I do find, are generally college students and not mothers, so we have totally different priorities and schedules. I’ve tried making new friends at RCIA but I seem to get along best with people that could be my grandmothers. I’ve had the younger folks get together and go to lunch after RCIA several times but it just seems that something is missing. I feel like I just forgot how to make friends. I feel very very lonely. This has become more obvious to me because I’m planning my wedding for this June and I don’t have anyone that I’m close to to include in my bridal party. I have two cousins that will be participating, one which I’m not close to at all really, and the other who I love dearly but we’re very very different people and more like sisters than friends. I am blessed with a wonderful mother, daughter and fiance, so I shouldn’t complain. But I feel very depressed. Please advice.