New GIRM?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Iowander
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iowander

Guest
I recently thought I heard Jimmy Akin (on Catholic Answers Live) say something about a new GIRM coming out soon. Maybe it’s a new translation to accompany the new translation of the Missal - I’m not sure. Does anybody know what he was talking about? Is there a new version of the GIRM coming, and if so, does anyone know where I can read it?
 
I haven’t heard anything about a new GIRM. It’s only been 10 years since the last one. The last national meeting of liturgy commissions was in October and no mention was made of that. Of course there can always be additions or amendments, but I haven’t heard anything and I keep up on this kind of thing.
 
The GIRM the US has now is the GIRM that goes with the upcoming translation of the Third Typical Edition of the Roman Missal. It’s what first got translated and promulgated by some Conferences. The Canadian Bishops have not yet promulgated it, saying that they didn’t have to until they started using the Missal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top