New trend: High-Waisted Swimwear, Immodest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nvr2018
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what you are referring to then. I looked them up. Would you care to be more specific? How is a bathing suit that comes up higher than a bikini less modest that you are so concerned with this type of suit specifically?
 
Last edited:
Maybe it’s OP attempt to use reverse-psychology to get people to be more modest.
 
The OP’s objection to high-waisted swimwear is that it’s “eye-catching”. But some of these earlier beachwear fashions were even more eye-catching. Just look at those stripes!

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Last edited:
I love it when males start these threads.
Custody of the eyes, no matter what someone is wearing, yada, yada, like all the other threads.
 
Horrors! Their knees are showing!!

Can you imagine swimming in the dress like ones? Ridiculous.
 
Last edited:
Just high waisted stuff is the issue?! Lol. Sounds like a case of just noticing a garment because it’s different from what you’ve seen your whole life (I.e. typical bikini-style panties with a bikini). Personally I think the trendy suits are ugly in the “not flattering sense.” If you’re thin they make you look fatter; if you’re not thin… they don’t disguise anything. 😬 Board shorts and a tankini top here. And the kids all wear rash guards which is great because it’s saves 3 hours by not having to sunscreen them!

So who has swimming weather still?! Make me Jealous! It’s almost always hot here but even we got a freeze recently. The timing of this topic is making me chuckle. I’m sure our posters in other parts of the world may be gearing up for summer, though!
 
He’s confusing high cut with high waisted.
Is he?! That makes a lot more sense! I was really struggling to understand how a high-waisted swimsuit was somehow less modest than the alternatives. They cover almost the same amount of the body as a one piece.
 
We are not forbidden to wear clothes that are flattering, both men and women are permitted to dress in things other than sackcloth.

If going to the beach causes you to have impure thoughts about the women there, do not go to the beach.
 
Love the capes! How great would it be to swim wearing a cape? A anti-superhero “Drowning Girl”.
 
And it’s not really a new trend either; high cut has been around for quite some time; perhaps just more women are wearing them now than previously.
 
This thread wow dont make me start looking at what OP is talking about ;=; lol
 
Personally, as a cradle catholic, I don’t understand why even the most cradle catholic woman would ever turn to these things.
You have zero control over what people choose to wear, and you’ll drive yourself crazy thinking otherwise.

Pray for the scantily clad and then move on with your life.
 
Oh! I had to Google because I sat here wondering how on earth are high waisted outfits more immodest, lol!
I couldn’t figure it out either. I started trying to reply but I just gave up because high waisted bottoms are extremely modest. They’re also really helpful for women who have wide hips or ample bottoms because they can buy the size they need for the bottom and the separate size they need for the separate top, same way as women buy tops and trousers or skirts separately. It creates a better fitting and better coverage suit than having to buy a one piece in one size and then it’s either creeping off or sagging and bagging on the half of you that it doesn’t fit.
 
You can do what I do, avoid pools and beaches. Pools smell of chlorine and beaches have sand. Neither of these are any good.
 
I have no curves and I still love it, it gives me the illusion of longer legs (too short) and a smaller waist. Some men in my life call me mom though, apparently high waisted isn’t sexy or that attractive. Hence my confusion!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top