News from Philippines

• Thread starter Thread starter Franze
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Franze

MANILA : Philippines police arrested 16 Islamic militants planning to carry out suicide bombings on a Roman Catholic procession in the capital this weekend. The suspects, including three women, were detained after police raided a Muslim library in downtown Manila.

Most appeared to be Filipino, with two of the suspects denying being part of a terrorist plot.

“The scenario is, these would be the suicide bombers in the Feast of the Black Nazarene,” said Senior Superintendent Elmer Jamias, referring to an annual Catholic procession in downtown Manila on Sunday.

“They would rig their bodies with bombs, join the procession, and blow themselves up. God made sure this would not happen,” Jamias told reporters Friday.

“We seized three improvised explosive devices, a caliber .-45 and a caliber .38 guns,” said Chief Superintendent Pedro Bulaong, Manila’s police chief. Journalists on the scene said grenades were also found.

Tens of thousands of Catholic devotees, barefoot and wearing maroon tunics, take part in the annual January 9 procession in which an ebony icon of Jesus is taken from Manila’s Quiapo church and paraded around the district.

channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world/view/126220/1/.html

“These terrorists are in the majority muslims converts”

Thank God they were found out before going through with their plans! No thanks to North Korea, who sold 10,000 weapons to the largest pro-al-Qaida extremist group in the Philippines. :mad: :banghead:

I cannot believe how the Phillipines has been taken over by Islamofascists. Isn’t it a territory of the US? I have known so many immigrants who are just wonderful people. They must be sick at what has happened to their first home.

Lisa N

Lisa N, they´re a minority because the spanish missioneries worked hard for converting people to the catholicism but we live in freedom religious and these people use this for their satanical objectives, thanks to God and the Police, they don´t get it, greetings

Lisa N:
Isn’t it a territory of the US? Lisa N
I thought it was an independant country?

I seem to remember getting pilloried when I referred to the States as being an Imperialist country alongside many of the European countries such as France and the UK. Then somebody claims the Philipines as American!!

I rest my case.

By the way before anyone shouts, no, this is not a post condoning the attack being planned and well done to the authorities that stopped it, it will have saved many lives, both catholic and non catholic alike.

I’m a Filipino. 😉 Nope, the Philippines is not a territory of the U.S. However, it used to be a territory of the U.S. It is an independent country, a democracy. It’s president is Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (she rocks! :cool: ).

40.png
JMJ_Pinoy:
I’m a Filipino. 😉 Nope, the Philippines is not a territory of the U.S. However, it used to be a territory of the U.S. It is an independent country, a democracy. It’s president is Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (she rocks! :cool: ).
Hi JMJ… musta?

All, while we’re on the topic, please pray for the safety of devotees in Cebu as they celebrate the Sinulog in honor of the Santo Nino this coming Jan 16. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back