NewsMax Poll offers 16 "2016 Presidential Choices" -- But not THIS one (WHY)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CaptFun
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaptFun

Guest
**Going …***Going …*gone?



Here’s a WTH moment (What the HECK!) per the Popular Media.

In a poll on possible GOP Presidential choices the newsgroup named 16 possible candidates for their readers to choose from. AND the link to the poll most I hit to GET there (which I can no longer relocate :confused:) had a picture of Romney above it and asked more directly “Should Romney Run in 2016?” – or something close to that paraphrase.

newsmax.com/surveys/2016GOP/GOP-s-2016-Nominee-(AOL)/id/162/kw/default/?dkt_nbr=1rosavtc < 12 of the 16 “choices” got a mugshot above the headline … marginalizing choices like Governors John Kasich, Bobby Jindal, and Jan Brewer and Senator Marco Rubio (?)
(from the poll page)
Newsmax will provide the results of this poll to major outlets. Newsmax’s results also will be shared with popular radio talk-show hosts across America.
Newsmax reports have been cited by major networks, including CNN, ABC, Fox News, CBS, MSNBC, and other leading news organizations.
Don’t miss the opportunity to let your voice be heard.
NOT among the “choices” in that poll was Rick Santorum … GOP nominee runner-up in 2012, winner of the last Iowa Caucus (eventually reported!), who now has a national organization he didn’t have in 2012 … and is, with the possible exception of Hillary Clinton, the most obviously running of all the unannounced 2016 candidates in either party IMO. AND, possibly “my choice” that CANNOT be heard … in the first place (on Newsmax) or in the second place per the results that will be published elsewhere … without my choice having even been a possibility. :confused::mad:

When it comes to Rick Santorum’s candidacy (then 2012 and now …) I’ve noticed a seemingly deliberate “popular media” (way beyond just NewsMax) marginalization of him … which doesn’t get more marginalizing than ignoring him completely. In 2012 he was there but in the early debates placed at the extreme edge of the stage and asked dismissive questions about his faith (which he parried and deftly converted into making himself relevant enough to win Iowa and 10 other states).

However one feels about (banned?) Santorum (and marginalized other major GOP hopefuls) , this is curious reporting by Newsmax - even considering some of their OTHER stories in recent months.

newsmax.com/Politics/Rick-Santorum-Iowa-president/2014/08/13/id/588475/
In Iowa, Rick Santorum Testing a Different Message for 2016 < August 13, 2014
newsmax.com/Newsfront/rick-santorum-presidential-run/2014/10/16/id/601230/
Rick Santorum on 2016: I’m 'Putting a Team Together’ Thursday, 16 Oct 2014
newsmax.com/Politics/Mitt-Romney-Presidential-election-2016/2014/09/17/id/595188/
***Poll: Voters Prefer ‘Anyone Else’ but Hillary, Romney in 2016 Election *** < Dated today (November 18, 2014) cites AOL poll headline

:eek: - Maybe he should ditch the sweater vest for a “Where’s Waldo suit?” :confused:
 
There are polls like this and I think I took the Newsmax one and it was a “tease”, meaning in the next page after you voted, they ask you for your email and at least for me, I never saw the result.

That said, I enjoy somewhat, if I am going to watch the news, watching Newsmax, JD Hayworth, the morning anchorman use to be a Representative in the US House.

Rick Santorum has a documentary he narrates, “Our Sacred Honor”, guess what channel has aired it?? Newsmax. Ad for it: youtube.com/watch?v=-SRQN2NmQ1A

Looks like Newsmax covers Santorum so who knows why there was that oversight.

newsmax.com/US/santorum-hobby-lobby-documentary/2014/07/01/id/580357/
 
There are polls like this and I think I took the Newsmax one and it was a “tease”, meaning in the next page after you voted, they ask you for your email and at least for me, I never saw the result.

That said, I enjoy somewhat, if I am going to watch the news, watching Newsmax, JD Hayworth, the morning anchorman use to be a Representative in the US House.

Rick Santorum has a documentary he narrates, “Our Sacred Honor”, guess what channel has aired it?? Newsmax. Ad for it: youtube.com/watch?v=-SRQN2NmQ1A

Looks like Newsmax covers Santorum so who knows why there was that oversight.

newsmax.com/US/santorum-hobby-lobby-documentary/2014/07/01/id/580357/
Maybe they used this GOP.com straw poll and just edited down from the 33 mentioned.

gop.com/presidential-straw-poll/

On IT Santorum is 29th listed of the 33.

This might be because the poll is alphabetical and his name begins with S. 🤷

If NewsMax does another … I do rather expect to see Santorum as part of it.

But that’s what I expected THIS time. :eek:
 
On the evening of November 20th, Newsmax is going to air this JFK assassination documentary about this fellow whose story on the JFK assassination by most authorities estimation, has been debunked or refuted. That means authorities who are both pro-conspiracy and pro-lonegunman. The show is called something like “I shot JFK: the shocking truth” and the one who claims this is a Mr. James Files I believe. I don’t believe his story but I will try to watch the documentary, it still might be interesting. It appears amazon has a dvd of the show and has had it for, oh at least a year or so, so this will be the TV premier of the show.

newsmax.com/Newsfront/Newsmax-TV-I-Killed-JFK/2014/11/13/id/607211/
 
Maybe they used this GOP.com straw poll and just edited down from the 33 mentioned.

gop.com/presidential-straw-poll/

On IT Santorum is 29th listed of the 33.

This might be because the poll is alphabetical and his name begins with S. 🤷

If NewsMax does another … I do rather expect to see Santorum as part of it.

But that’s what I expected THIS time. :eek:
Since they showed the Santorum documentary, I don’t know. Maybe they are afraid of pushing one candidate, they may even not suppose to be doing those kinds of things.

It’s interesting that John Bolton is one of the names I have seen in these polls.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top