NFP has marquette method worked to for you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mommiebear
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mommiebear

Guest
I am curious to know if marquette method has worked to prevent pregnancies for you??? Did you learn it professionally or on your own? And if it failed what went wrong? Has anybody tried it postpartum while breastfeeding and how was your experience??
 
Marquette is Creighton plus ladycomp. I learned Creighton and it worked fine for me, I would imagine adding the ovulation detection only improves it.

You cannot learn Creighton on your own, you need an instructor. I don’t recommend trying to learn any NFP method on your own without instruction.

In your other thread you indicated you had a lot of anxiety about many things- job, husband, future kids, etc. have you sought out any counseling for your anxiety?
 
It has worked for me a couple postpartum times & failed for me a couple times too. My Maquette-oopsie just turned 4, though, and I love him to pieces!!! (The other Marquette oopsie we were trying to conceive anyway… but the fact remains that my monitor didn’t detect the ovulation.)
 
Marquette is Creighton plus ladycomp.
No. It’s Creighton plus the Clearblue Fertility Monitor.

You can also use just the monitor. You don’t have to do the Creighton part (mucous) if you don’t want to. Mucous just adds confusion for me, so I use only the monitor.

I taught myself the method, but also sought advice from Marquette NFP professionals. You can communicate with Dr. Fehring himself if you become a member of their website (although I believe they are revamping or something because registration is currently down).

So far no surprise babies. DH and I mostly limit our intimacy to after ovulation. We abstain for Phase 1 and Phase 2. This increases the effectiveness rate. I’ve also started using the Proov tests, which confirm ovulation has occurred. You can read up on how to do that if you join the website. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.
 
No. It’s Creighton plus the Clearblue Fertility Monitor.
Oh yeah, Clear Blue thanks for the correction!

Why did I think it was LadyComp? Did it used to be?? Or am I getting senile? (Rhetorical questions, you don’t have to answer)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top