nfp

• Thread starter Thread starter wifeNmom.02
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wifeNmom.02

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what a real reason would be for abstanance with one’s spouse…could keep in mind all the technology, resources and job opportunities that are out there for the leaders of the families ie those who live in america -if we don’t go over our heads in spending (material items)- have things pretty darn well off in other words!
Thanks 🙂 :blessyou:

40.png
wifeNmom.02:
Just wondering if anyone could tell me what a real reason would be for abstanance with one’s spouse…
well, when I do something really dumb, like forget flowers on Mother’s day, my wife considers that a valid reason for a few days abstinence… 😃

ken

It’'s is for one safer than most contraceptives, it is just as effective as the pill when done properly and does wonders for your communication. It helps remoce sex as the center of you marriage and puts it in it’s proper place as a means of uniting and of being open to Gods will and not our’s…

And paradox If you forget your wifes flowers you deserve more than absgtenance :tsktsk:

II Paradox II:
well, when I do something really dumb, like forget flowers on Mother’s day, my wife considers that a valid reason for a few days abstinence… 😃

ken
:rotfl: Hee hee.

I think my husband and I are going to have a lot of kids. We are doing NFP, but I guess we don’t really feel that we have legitimate reasons to postpone because we keep throwing the abstinence part out the window. It’s kind of fun!

40.png
wifeNmom.02:
keep in mind all the technology, resources and job opportunities that are out there for the leaders of the families ie those who live in america -if we don’t go over our heads in spending (material items)- have things pretty darn well off in other words!
My wife and I practice nfp. We’re artists and there’s very little money to be made as an artist – at least so far as we’ve yet seen. And that vocation pretty much precludes taking a high-paying job (we’d never have time to paint!) Living poor, having kids seems reckless. Hence nfp.

40.png
wifeNmom.02:
Just wondering if anyone could tell me what a real reason would be for abstanance with one’s spouse…could keep in mind all the technology, resources and job opportunities that are out there for the leaders of the families ie those who live in america -if we don’t go over our heads in spending (material items)- have things pretty darn well off in other words!
Thanks 🙂 :blessyou:
The serious reasons for postponing a pregnancy are not enumerated by the Church, and for good reason. It is an individual decision that only the couple can make-- with prayer and discernment. Not all reasons are financial-- emotional and physical health can also be serious reasons.

Everyone is different and what may not be a stress for one person could be terribly stressful for another (several small children all under the age of 6 for example may be a breeze for one mom and a major stuggle for another— reason enough to postpone an addition to the family).

Physical health of the parent(s) and the other child(ren) can also be serious reasons. Family situation such as the spouses caring for an elderly parent, a serious of a family member illness, a handicapped or emotionally disturbed child… All of these are specific to the individual family.

Financial means are also not equal among all Americans-- a struggling family and a middle class family are vastly different.

We must pray and discern our individual situations.

My husband and I practice nfp and have since before I and our 2 children entered the Church 2 years ago. (BTW, hubby is not a Catholic or anything else for that matter. He just understands that living out my faith is very important to me.) Our choice to not have children is more because of my fears than anything else. My first pregnancy was fine other than the morning sickness. But after that I suffered a miscarriage and then with our youngest was put on bedrest for the last 2 months so I didn’t go into premature labor. Then once he was born, Alex developed colic. And then 4 days before he turned 3 months old he had his first asthma attack which almost killed him. So needless to say, having more children scares me to death. I don’t want to take the risk losing another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back