Nigeria Buries 43 Farmers Killed by Militants, Dozens Missing

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria33

Nigeria Buries 43 Farmers Killed by Militants, Dozens Missing​

By Reuters, Wire Service Content Nov. 29, 2020, at 7:22 a.m.
BY LANRE OLA

ZABARMARI, Nigeria (Reuters) - Villagers in northeast Nigeria’s Borno state on Sunday buried 43 farmers killed in an attack by suspected Islamist militants while security forces searched for dozens still missing.

Around 30 of the men were beheaded in the attack, which began on Saturday morning in the village of Zabarmari, while residents said 70 people in all are feared dead.

While there was no claim of responsibility, such massacres have been carried out in the past by Boko Haram or the Islamic State West Africa Province which are both active in the area, where Islamic militants have killed at least 30,000 people.
More:

Nigeria Buries 43 Farmers Killed by Militants, Dozens Missing | World News | US News

This was all over twitter early this morning, like 6 AM CST but in Africa, it was a trending topic, this village “ZABARMARI”, it has really upset the people. I know they have gone through things like this before.

It happened up in the Northeast, that “Borno State”, there are very graphic photos of what the terrorists did. Horrible.

Pan African forces have been sent in before. I hope, not to sound out of line but that Christians in that region left long ago. It’s the dangerous area.

I don’t know if it is applicable here but a big problem that has occurred is also corruption and the troops being underequipped. The people are very upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back