No birth control? No fair!

  • Thread starter Thread starter VicMorrow17
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this even a serious blog post, or was it meant merely to stir up flames?

I ask this not to be desparaging, but from your post it seem that you have much to learn and pray about before marrying your fiancé. I also strongly recommend that you bring these concerns to the priest overseeing your marriage preparations.

There is so much wrong with this post I don’t even know where to begin.

I’d first caution you against holding the attitude that children are burdensome and are a secondary or even tertiary condition to your marriage. I must say that I find the way you speak of children to be wholly offensive: “popping” them out as if they’re a pez candy. Do you realize that you’ve just placed more value in vacations and emotions than in actual human beings? It seem that at best you view children as commodities to be had at your own desire. You must not forget that there are couples in the world who would love nothing more than to have children, and can’t. I pray that you are not one day tragically saddled with the cross of infertility.

If this is your true outlook on marriage (and life in general) I would strongly suggest that you not get married just yet.

God bless you,
 
Someone who has suffered and been victorious is much better for it than someone who has never suffered and never been tested.
And like I said before, what of people who suffered and “gave up” because they couldn’t take it anymore? Where do they fit in all this? They didn’t “become victorious” they said enough and ended there life cause they couldn’t take the “test” anymore.
 
And like I said before, what of people who suffered and “gave up” because they couldn’t take it anymore? Where do they fit in all this? They didn’t “become victorious” they said enough and ended there life cause they couldn’t take the “test” anymore.
The Catechism says:

2283 We should not despair of the eternal salvation of persons who have taken their own lives. By ways known to him alone, God can provide the opportunity for salutary repentance. the Church prays for persons who have taken their own lives.
 
None of your arguments are new either. 😉

But you are correct, your arguments have been refuted innumerable times. In fact, it is the consensus among philosophers today that the intellectual problem of evil fails to prove that any contradiction exists between God’s attributes.
This is correct.

Not to mention, the intellectual problem of evil is a problem for both theists and atheists alike.

The atheist’s answer to his child’s query, “Daddy, why did my little cousin have to die? Why did I survive?” is an inutile and unsatisfactory one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top