J
juicekman
Guest
Hey guys,
WOW! Very good comments. Thank you very much for all your ideas and insight.
Sorry I have not been able to respond to all your questions. I think this is maybe going in the wrong direction. I started this forum only to get an answer to the question about this priest being allowed to say mass with x amount of people without faculties in the diocese.
My conflicting opinions came from the priest himself and a prominent theologian in the area who holds a STD and is a deacon. I asked the deacon this question: “if a priest does not have faculties within the diocese and celebrates a “private mass” who can attend?” He said nobody. But it is very possible he misunderstood my question. Maybe he was thinking that this priest had his faculties removed or something. In this case he is a foreign priest and is celebrating mass at his house. He does not have his faculties removed from anywhere. He just does not have them here. I am not discerning the order, but helping out and have been for the past year since he has been in this country. The reason for him not applying for faculties is too complicated of a question and is not worth getting into. The bottom line is he may not continue his order here and he has a number of bishops in different parts of the world who may receive his order. So, this is more of a temporary question for the immediate future. He is not looking to minister at local parishes for the time being.
So, all I really want to know is if it is licit for him to have other people at his masses.
Thanks.
WOW! Very good comments. Thank you very much for all your ideas and insight.
Sorry I have not been able to respond to all your questions. I think this is maybe going in the wrong direction. I started this forum only to get an answer to the question about this priest being allowed to say mass with x amount of people without faculties in the diocese.
My conflicting opinions came from the priest himself and a prominent theologian in the area who holds a STD and is a deacon. I asked the deacon this question: “if a priest does not have faculties within the diocese and celebrates a “private mass” who can attend?” He said nobody. But it is very possible he misunderstood my question. Maybe he was thinking that this priest had his faculties removed or something. In this case he is a foreign priest and is celebrating mass at his house. He does not have his faculties removed from anywhere. He just does not have them here. I am not discerning the order, but helping out and have been for the past year since he has been in this country. The reason for him not applying for faculties is too complicated of a question and is not worth getting into. The bottom line is he may not continue his order here and he has a number of bishops in different parts of the world who may receive his order. So, this is more of a temporary question for the immediate future. He is not looking to minister at local parishes for the time being.
So, all I really want to know is if it is licit for him to have other people at his masses.
Thanks.