No doubts about converting from LCMS

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikecnorthwest
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have gone so personal and far off topic. Why?

If the OP has no doubts then what’s our problem with that? The LCMS loses one and we gain one.

As the 60’s protest song says, [sign]"mostly say,‘Hooray for our side.’"[/sign]
 
You guys have gone so personal and far off topic. Why?

If the OP has no doubts then what’s our problem with that? The LCMS loses one and we gain one.

As the 60’s protest song says, [sign]"mostly say,‘Hooray for our side.’"[/sign]
You are absolutely right, Michael, and I feel embarrassed about my part in it. My apology to all.

The OP said:
I posted back in December about my conversion from the LCMS and asked for help with book recommendations. Thanks to everyone who responded, it was very helpful. Earlier in December I had emailed a question to Pastor Jonathan Fisk about my planned conversion. He is a more orthodox LCMS pastor that I used to enjoy listening to on Youtube.
So here’s an update. I’m two months into a fantastic RCIA program and on track to enter into full membership in June. I have zero doubts about my conversion and feel very at home with the Church. I did not really expect to get an answer to my question from Pastor Fisk but much to my surprise he recently answered it on Youtube. The link will be below if you want to view it. With the benefit of my studies, and my RCIA class, I’m now able to have a much clearer perspective on the LCMS teachings regarding the RCC. Pastor Fisk also left no doubt as to the LCMS view on the RCC, unfortunately.
While I believe fervently that your understanding of the LCMS position is not what I believe it to be, I wish and pray for you are blessed in word and sacrament when you are confirmed into the Catholic church.
Jon
 
You are absolutely right, Michael, and I feel embarrassed about my part in it. My apology to all.

The OP said:

While I believe fervently that your understanding of the LCMS position is not what I believe it to be, I wish and pray for you are blessed in word and sacrament when you are confirmed into the Catholic church.
Jon
Amen. May the OP continue to be blessed in the Word and Sacraments of His one, holy, catholic church.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top