R
Rocks_91
Guest
I bought an ads-free Kindle Basic for quite a sum of money in my country and though it has physical page-turn buttons, I have no idea what to start reading on it. The problem is I’m very scrupulous about what I read and want to avoid love and romance and anti-religion and that and I’m exasperated looking for suitable reading. I thought about reading nonfiction like Fabric of the Cosmos by Green but I’m a high-school dropout and though I’ve an interest in the subject I’m not sure if it’s very advanced or if a layman can understand it. So need advice on whether it’s an okay read. Also, I was recommended mysteries like Anna Katharine Green, but I looked at a couple pages of one of her book and didn’t like it much because of suggestive references about physical beauty and all that. What detectives are there like Sherlock Holmes or Father Brown, which I like? And number one of all, I’m really looking for collections of short stories (my favourite type of story) that are absolutely clean without the romance nonsense, in genres like humour, or sci-fi, or any type. I hope someone can help.
Also, are there any good cheap magazine to subscribe to? Like, a century ago, there was Doyle’s stories being published in Beeton’s and Strand’s and that, is there a magazine that comes with clean hi-quality fiction? Or any good non-fiction mags to subscribe to? For the kindle. I mean.
Also, are there any good cheap magazine to subscribe to? Like, a century ago, there was Doyle’s stories being published in Beeton’s and Strand’s and that, is there a magazine that comes with clean hi-quality fiction? Or any good non-fiction mags to subscribe to? For the kindle. I mean.