E
Epistemes
Guest
After three weeks of talking – two of those weeks every evening on the phone – I finally met the young woman who I have mentioned before from Catholic Match, and as things developed somewhat naturally enough (and I say somewhat since I lack proper judgment for what constitutes “the norm”) she and I are for all intents and purposes in a relationship. When we held hands, I wasn’t sure if that sealed the deal, but the kiss did.
Don’t get me (or my emotions) wrong, I like this girl, I care for her, and I love talking with her and spending time with her. I can trust her, we’re honest with one another, we’re our own unique selves but we get along. I don’t know that I would call it a dream come true, but it’s good and I’m glad it’s good. So why do I feel so sad? Why do I feel like I’ve committed some big mistake? Why do I feel so scared? I’m trying to lift all of this up to God, but it’s just not working…
She lives only 1 1/2 hours away, but we’re not scheduled to see each other again until Valentine’s weekend when we’ll be spending the whole weekend together. Already I’d like to see her again, though.
Don’t get me (or my emotions) wrong, I like this girl, I care for her, and I love talking with her and spending time with her. I can trust her, we’re honest with one another, we’re our own unique selves but we get along. I don’t know that I would call it a dream come true, but it’s good and I’m glad it’s good. So why do I feel so sad? Why do I feel like I’ve committed some big mistake? Why do I feel so scared? I’m trying to lift all of this up to God, but it’s just not working…
She lives only 1 1/2 hours away, but we’re not scheduled to see each other again until Valentine’s weekend when we’ll be spending the whole weekend together. Already I’d like to see her again, though.