A
alice.magooey
Guest
I am in a new Parish… I have been to the sacrament of Reconciliatiion twice.
The Priest does not give a penance.
I asked him about this and he said that he thought that i had performed sufficient penance preparing for a good confession ( which is true… i do prepare and really ‘sweat it out’ to make a good confession and reflect on my sins)…But is the sacrament valid if not Penance is exacted ??
I do believe i made an act of Contrition, and i did receive the Absolution from my sins in the usual way, with all the requirements i know to make the Sacrament valid, but i just was wondering if a Penance is required.
thanks
alice
The Priest does not give a penance.
I asked him about this and he said that he thought that i had performed sufficient penance preparing for a good confession ( which is true… i do prepare and really ‘sweat it out’ to make a good confession and reflect on my sins)…But is the sacrament valid if not Penance is exacted ??
I do believe i made an act of Contrition, and i did receive the Absolution from my sins in the usual way, with all the requirements i know to make the Sacrament valid, but i just was wondering if a Penance is required.
thanks
alice