Nobody wants me as a boyfriend...thoughts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LotusCarsLtd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Really? God did that with Mary, though. He provided the circumstance, and she had the choice to say yes or no. Joseph was planned also…suppose a different spouse was ‘‘chosen,’’ would he be a saint like Joseph became?

I know what you’re saying generally speaking though. But, God is* in the details. He is. I can’t believe otherwise. Look at my parents’ deaths…my sister is 13 yrs older than me…she ended up having to raise me in their absences. Coincidence, or God’s plan?
We have to be very careful with the whole concept of what God’s will is so that we don’t use it as a “crutch” to justify our own bad decisions in life or to excuse us from failing to stand up for others.
 
Don’t take it so hard, this time last year I was a very very single 30 year old Catholic guy getting ready to attend my sisters wedding. There seemed to be no hope for me at all. Now this Christmas, I’m a very very engaged Catholic guy, with a beautiful soon to be Catholic girl, stressing out over how to plan our wedding lol 🙂

It’ll happen, don’t worry. Probably when you least expect it!
 
God’s will only involves doing what is pure and right…and it will never contradict His word. That’s the litmus test, when in doubt in decision making. Why or how would someone ever look at God’s will as justification for doing something immoral? :confused:
 
Don’t take it so hard, this time last year I was a very very single 30 year old Catholic guy getting ready to attend my sisters wedding. There seemed to be no hope for me at all. Now this Christmas, I’m a very very engaged Catholic guy, with a beautiful soon to be Catholic girl, stressing out over how to plan our wedding lol 🙂

It’ll happen, don’t worry. Probably when you least expect it!
Congratulations…how did you meet? :love: I love a good romance story. And do you believe that she is part of God’s plan for your life?
 
God’s will only involves doing what is pure and right…and it will never contradict His word. That’s the litmus test, when in doubt in decision making. Why or how would someone ever look at God’s will as justification for doing something immoral? :confused:
I think he means justification for being passive when others are suffering or justification for the results of our own bad choices (e.g. we mess up, bad stuff happens, we think it was God’s will rather than our doing).
 
Congratulations…how did you meet? :love: I love a good romance story. And do you believe that she is part of God’s plan for your life?
eHarmony honestly lol, I commented on that on the “looking for a Catholic spouce” thread just before your last reply 🙂 Our first date was like 5hrs long, and the only reason why I decided to end it was b/c I was really scared she felt trapped and I would never see her again lol. Turns out she didn’t want it to end either, oh well live and learn! Except in this case I guess I won’t ever have to have another first date will I? 😃
 
eHarmony honestly lol, I commented on that on the “looking for a Catholic spouce” thread just before your last reply 🙂 Our first date was like 5hrs long, and the only reason why I decided to end it was b/c I was really scared she felt trapped and I would never see her again lol. Turns out she didn’t want it to end either, oh well live and learn! Except in this case I guess I won’t ever have to have another first date will I? 😃
Oh wow! Great! I miss all the important posts. I must go back and take a look. Congratulations again! I am happy for you both. :hug1:
 
I think he means justification for being passive when others are suffering or justification for the results of our own bad choices (e.g. we mess up, bad stuff happens, we think it was God’s will rather than our doing).
Ah, I see. Ok. Thank you for clarifying. :tiphat:
 
eHarmony honestly lol, I commented on that on the “looking for a Catholic spouce” thread just before your last reply 🙂 Our first date was like 5hrs long, and the only reason why I decided to end it was b/c I was really scared she felt trapped and I would never see her again lol. Turns out she didn’t want it to end either, oh well live and learn! Except in this case I guess I won’t ever have to have another first date will I? 😃
Lol. 😃 I actually made that mistake once to a diriment effect when I was younger. Thankfully, it doesn’t seem the lady in question experienced a lot of pain as a result. She found a guy she’s probably happy with and they’ve had a proper Catholic wedding.
 
God’s will only involves doing what is pure and right…and it will never contradict His word. That’s the litmus test, when in doubt in decision making. Why or how would someone ever look at God’s will as justification for doing something immoral? :confused:
Well, I could give examples, but I would probably need to take more vacation time from work, and I don’t want Karl Keating to have to send out a fundraising appeal for a new server:D

However, there are those that, whenever something wrong happens in the world, instead of confronting the wrong, will just say “well, that’s what is meant to be”. Or, I remember a divorced woman state something along the lines of “If it is God’s will that I get remarried” (uh, hello, the only way that is going to happen is if you get an annulment or your ex-husband dies). Or, watch these forums for those who go through sexually immoral periods who say things along the lines of “that’s how God led me”. Just keep an eye out for it.

But I do agree with your first sentence regarding the litmus test; as long as we are not breaking one of God’s or the Church’s commandments, that is 90-99% of the battle.
 
I think he means justification for being passive when others are suffering or justification for the results of our own bad choices (e.g. we mess up, bad stuff happens, we think it was God’s will rather than our doing).
Yes!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top