Non-binary movement and a soul's genderless nature

  • Thread starter Thread starter Episcopalian
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Episcopalian

Guest
I know quite a few folks that refuse to have their personal pronouns be the gender they were born with, or transitioned to, and would like to be referred to as they/them rather than he/him, she/her.

Could this be that they are intrinsically more cognizant of their souls genderless nature?

I thought I read or heard that Christian theology states that there is no gender in heaven.

With that being said, is it permissable to be gender non-binary?
 
Your body and soul are United on earth. But also at the resurrection. A person in heaven will be Male or female. And there will be no in between.
 
If someone asks the question, I would assume that it matters to someone.
 
I don’t think the Church teaches that souls are genderless. As @IdaCatholic wrote, the human person is a unity of body and soul, and after the resurrection we will be body and soul again, with our God-given gender.

In Genesis 1:27, we read:
God created mankind in his image;
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.


One may wonder what Jesus meant when he said, “At the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage but are like the angels in heaven” (Matthew 22:30). I gather that he is speaking of our relationships, not our body forms.

St. Paul wrote, “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free person, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:28). I believe he meant that all, without regard to race, social status, or gender, are God’s children and may be saved through Jesus Christ.
With that being said, is it permissable to be gender non-binary?
Just my opinion: I think gender ideology denies our human nature, or tends to makes us less human, so I would say not.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top